Just Scored A New Vaquero

Winning bid of $200! That's got to be a deal! I paid like $448 the first time I had one.

• Like 5

I will honestly say I had a Vaquero for over a year and could actually hear and know pencils eraser ends before digging.  I've always thought Tesoro's had one of the best if not the very best audio in the detector industry.

• Like 2

Don't know if it's a high tone or low and I kind of hope it's a high tone but can't complain because of price.

It doesn't have an adjustable vco audio so my guess is it is like the default variable audio that is on the Tejon. If so you will probably have an easier time identifying objects as the sound varies more than just a flat pitch and not need to listen for subtle rolls or pops. I have both the 10x12 widescan and the 8x9 stock concentric. Though the concentric is shy in depth by 3" or so and doesn't cover nearly as much ground I find it a killer in high trash areas, far better than any dd I have used since it has a small scan area and your not swiping over other trash from tip and tail. If yours has a dd, try to snag the concentric.

54 minutes ago, kac said:

It doesn't have an adjustable vco audio so my guess is it is like the default variable audio that is on the Tejon. If so you will probably have an easier time identifying objects as the sound varies more than just a flat pitch and not need to listen for subtle rolls or pops. I have both the 10x12 widescan and the 8x9 stock concentric. Though the concentric is shy in depth by 3" or so and doesn't cover nearly as much ground I find it a killer in high trash areas, far better than any dd I have used since it has a small scan area and your not swiping over other trash from tip and tail. If yours has a dd, try to snag the concentric.

It has the 8x9 which I've had before. I'm thinking of getting a 7" Mars Lion coil for it. I got one for my Fisher F22 and it air tested dimes and pennies at 10" which is pretty good for a small coil. I hunt a lot of tot lots and I can get around the equipment better with a smaller coil.

17 hours ago, Johnnysalami1957 said:

And don't forget about the "lifetime" warranty, LOL!

I've owned 7 Tesoro's and never had any problems. Will probably outlast me.

• Like 1