Unstable TDI Sl

noob

Just bought a used TDI Sl from eBay. When the ground balance is off the machine is stable and smooth.  The second I turn it on the machine goes crazy.  I got a good deal on it. Do I send it back or do I send it in to Whites for repairs?  Thoughts?

GB on you are getting two channels of signal processing - it is normally noiser than GB off. Noise cancel, reduce sensitivity get away from emi sources like light dimmers, WiFi, cell radios, power lines and transformers. If it still goes berserk, you may have an issue.

• Like 3

The only time my TDI SL went crazy was when I turned it on in the house, PI units are very sensitive to EMI.  Where are you testing when you're having your problem?

Switch the conductivity from all, to high or low and see if the noise level improves or stays the same. 

Have you did an air test with the GB off verses on?

I know this might sound stupid but is the battery fully charged?

Having a technician that close is great, wish I had one that close!  The TDI is a pretty easy machine to learn and use, it won't take long before you're detecting.  Congrats on your purchase and looking forward to seeing pics of your finds.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...