Simon, I dare say you found something rarer than any coin these days... a place that for some reason has never been detected for coins! That is quite literally what it used to be like in “the good old days” when any park or sports field gave up handfuls of good coins in short order! Good on you, great finds!!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I'm pretty happy about it  🙂  I've barely dented it yet, Not even one tenth of it has been detected.

• Like 7

Rarer yet, your digging saucer size holes and no one is running you off!  I know you filled them in and I can't even see where you've been.  Good amount of coins there for your outing.  GaryC/Oregon Coast

• Like 3

My Lord.... Steve is right this place has not seen a detector...or maybe someone that that does not know how to use one :smile:...start digging those low tones that the Nox is so good at...gotta be some gold in there phrunt! 

strick

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, GaryC/Oregon Coast said:

Rarer yet, your digging saucer size holes and no one is running you off!  I know you filled them in and I can't even see where you've been.  Good amount of coins there for your outing.  GaryC/Oregon Coast

haha yea, I filled them all in, I couldn't even tell where I'd been... the soil was very soft being winter, it was frozen first thing in the morning but defrosted quickly, it was quite a warm day today for this time of year.  You'll notice once I swapped to the Equinox my hole sizes grew as I got a shovel to do the work 😉  This field doesn't seem to get used anymore, the council just keep it mowed I guess in case some kids go on it to play and to keep the place tidy.  I have trouble working out exactly where the Target is with the 15x12 coil, it seems to always end up behind where I think it will be, even when I try dig further back it's still behind my hole if I do a small hole 🙂

• Like 2

I kinda hate you even though I want to be you...it's a weird feeling.

Nice finds!

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

What a great hunt. Sheesh, that's getting rare to do these days in my neck of the woods. Well done mate. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks everyone, I wish they made a 20" coil for the Equinox, this sort of situation it would be perfect, almost no junk, no mineralisation 🙂

I hope I can do as well tomorrow!

• Like 2

Simon,

This will give you a good workout on the detectors you have!  There are more things for you to discover about them rather than getting a new toy or turning a new one on.

You'll hardly be able to sleep now wondering what is still ahead.  There is also that ugly thought that pops up about someone else now detecting your spot so you have to get to those coins first.

This would be an ideal family hunt.  Your wife will be hooked and she will start doing your research.

Mitchel

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Lee C.
      Has anybody else noticed that the 12x15 coil doesn’t ground balance as well as the stock coil or the 6” coil? Or is it just my imagination?
    • By devilsrenegade
      The mxt hit a home run at an old ballpark recently with this 43 war nickel. Also found a wheat penny and some clad and a little trash. Funny thing happened on this particular hunt, I was heckled by a passerby in their vehicle who pointed at me and laughed out loud, don't know if he was laughing at me or my old White's detector . Anyway I didn't let it get me down and had a good hunt. Has that ever happened to anyone else on the forum ?  

• By calabash digger
      Depth and unmasking...

• By dewcon4414
      Heres one id like to see what others have found.    Today i was playing around on the beach with the Nox.   Havent had much time with it  so i thought id see how the F2 was working.    That got me playing around with disc.    What i noticed in disc ...... as i swung the coil it was knocking out the ferr like it should in disc....... HOWEVER i was getting these -1 and -2 iron blurps occasionally.  I also noticed it knocked out the TID for iron except those digits giving the blurps..... oddly.    Im an AM hunter on the beach.   What i did was ..... turned down the volume to 0 for targets 0 and below.    It seemed to work just like disc...... with two exceptions.   1.. you never got ANY sound from those -1 and -2 targets.   2..... the TID was still reading all the iron targets.    So.......out in the water i went hunting in AM target volume for iron set at 2.   Then id switch and go back...... doing it with disc....... then with iron volume at 0 using AM.   Far less noise from mineral...... but i got the same non-ferr targets just as clear.    I know people have asked if there is a difference between disc iron and turning the volume down to 0.   To me there seems to be some near target ID bleed that can create unwanted noise at that 0 disc point.
    • By Joe D.
      Hello everyone, 
       I'm recently new to the site, and was going through the threads, and can't find the one that talked about Equinox water intrusion! So I'm starting a new one! Several months ago i bought a silicone cover and battery compartment seal combo that seems to prevent the problem! But i can't find it on Ebay again! Hope you all will be more successful in locating this product! Here is a screenshot that i saved, and also a picture of the battery seal in place, and removed! I believe it came from the Ukraine! The cover comes with several silicone ties to secure any openings! So far it's worked well, but i have not dive tested! It would seem to me that the battery compartment is the weak link for water intrusion, other than the obvious wire entry points and caps! But this seals all points covered! Good luck and happy hunting!     Joe D.

• By RobNC
      Does anyone know what other coils the Teknetics Minuteman is compatible with?
      Got one on the way for use as "Level 1 Investigator/Scout". This is going to be the little dude that I take to any new site first. It will be used to see how trashy an area is and remove any shallow items like clad coins or garbage before bringing in the XP ORX for deeper items. This little detector seems like it should fit the bill nicely for feeling out a place. It's simple enough to be fun, powerful enough to be useful, and cheap enough to be thrown into the vehicle as a workhorse. From all I've read on it and seen the detector appears to be fairly decent at getting things done without a lot of guesswork. Anyone here have one or have used this model before?