phrunt

My First Ever Silver Coin Spill Turned Into Cointopia

I'm pretty happy about it  🙂  I've barely dented it yet, Not even one tenth of it has been detected.

• Like 7

Rarer yet, your digging saucer size holes and no one is running you off!  I know you filled them in and I can't even see where you've been.  Good amount of coins there for your outing.  GaryC/Oregon Coast

• Like 4

My Lord.... Steve is right this place has not seen a detector...or maybe someone that that does not know how to use one :smile:...start digging those low tones that the Nox is so good at...gotta be some gold in there phrunt! 

strick

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, GaryC/Oregon Coast said:

Rarer yet, your digging saucer size holes and no one is running you off!  I know you filled them in and I can't even see where you've been.  Good amount of coins there for your outing.  GaryC/Oregon Coast

haha yea, I filled them all in, I couldn't even tell where I'd been... the soil was very soft being winter, it was frozen first thing in the morning but defrosted quickly, it was quite a warm day today for this time of year.  You'll notice once I swapped to the Equinox my hole sizes grew as I got a shovel to do the work 😉  This field doesn't seem to get used anymore, the council just keep it mowed I guess in case some kids go on it to play and to keep the place tidy.  I have trouble working out exactly where the Target is with the 15x12 coil, it seems to always end up behind where I think it will be, even when I try dig further back it's still behind my hole if I do a small hole 🙂

• Like 2

I kinda hate you even though I want to be you...it's a weird feeling.

Nice finds!

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

What a great hunt. Sheesh, that's getting rare to do these days in my neck of the woods. Well done mate. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks everyone, I wish they made a 20" coil for the Equinox, this sort of situation it would be perfect, almost no junk, no mineralisation 🙂

I hope I can do as well tomorrow!

• Like 2

Simon,

This will give you a good workout on the detectors you have!  There are more things for you to discover about them rather than getting a new toy or turning a new one on.

You'll hardly be able to sleep now wondering what is still ahead.  There is also that ugly thought that pops up about someone else now detecting your spot so you have to get to those coins first.

This would be an ideal family hunt.  Your wife will be hooked and she will start doing your research.

Mitchel

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Canarias_detection
      Hi everyone ... I recently updated my equinox 800 to version 3. I have gone to the beach to test it ... after trying on several beaches the detector is unstable ... beach mode 1-2 ... the screen always shows -9 (with any sensitivity) I can not remove it ... sometimes a small triangle comes out next to the battery ... these beaches where I have always detected, never any problems ... anyone knows the reason EDIT: software version 2.1, false signals continuously, sometimes with bad sound (centimes or garbage) I locate with pinpointer but without targets, unstable detector in and out of water
      some reason?
      Thank you
      regards
    • By GoldenCrow
      Hi,
      Just wondering if anyone knows custom coil builders for the nox?
      Thanks
    • By GB_Amateur
      When I update/upgrade to the latest version just (today) downloaded from Minelab the software says it is version 3.1.3.  Is that what everyone else has been downloading and upgrading?  The filename of the software that performs the upgrade has '3.0' in it, but when running the software it shows the 3.1.3 number.
      I ask to make sure we're all talking about the same thing when we discuss any noticed changes from previous version(s).
    • By RobNC
      My usual places are being eliminated one by one. Most of my places are public in nature. One of my favorite places I tried to hunt today and there was a police car sitting there. A bad sign.
      So I pulled around the back like normal and notice everything locked up and new cameras installed... So he comes back there and I speak to him. I told him we had been metal detecting that place over a year and now notice it locked up. As he put it, "fighting and stuff".  In other words either drug related, gang related, or general hoodlum behavior. This has happened a lot to me lately, good places being off limits now for nothing I've done.
      I went to another place where a known idiot has been that likes to dig craters. I had hoped he would have moved on by now but no. Instead it looks like a mine field now over the entire area. That moron has dug so many holes it is unreal. Always the same, dirt left on the ground and a non packed remnant of the plug in the hole. That was enough for me today and another place permanently marked off my list.
      I'm starting to get frustrated more and more and today I even told my wife "Between the hoodlums and idiots messing things up, I may as well just sell all my equipment and give this hobby up."  Anybody else feeling this way? I enjoy metal detecting but here lately it's peeved me off about how other people's behavior can impact my hunting grounds..
    • By Dances With Doves
      I ran pk1 50 tone f2-7 and I dug over 50 bottlecaps  since  they repeated a nice sound.I could usually tell a pulltab or ring because of the softer sound but I wanted to see how the update might have changed things.It seems  the bottlecaps had a more broken sound   before even though the settings were the same.I did manage to get a 3.2  gram14k white gold band in very deep water so    at least  I was rewarded  for digging all those caps.
    • By Xergix
      I read a lot but I'm not sure I have found the answer,  are the 4 Khz in multi frequency or do they work alone?
      In the Calabash Digger video, he sees that 4 khz are better on silver than in multi,  if they were part of multi there should be no difference, but if the 4 Khz were out then it would be correct.
      What do you think?