Does Anyone Have News On The Fisher Impulse Aqua Manta?

The CZ is about as good as the Excalibur and has a higher depth rating. PI detectors do not discriminate iron as a rule... that is why everyone is waiting on the new Impulse. The Garrett ATX has a ferrous ID function that works on shallow targets and the tones help but depth is limited to ten feet. The new White’s TDI Surfmaster also is limited to ten foot depths, and outside of some tone capability relies on ground balance misadjustment to provide some crude ferrous discrimination.

All PI options are such that I can’t really make a 100% recommendation on any of them, the best I can offer is that the White’s Surfmaster PI Dual Field is a solid performing PI with 100 foot depth rating, and very affordable. It has no discrimination.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

All PI options are such that I can’t really make a solid recommendation on any of them, the best I can offer is that the White’s Surfmaster PI Dual Field is a solid performing PI with 100 foot depth rating, and very affordable. It has no discrimination.

Has White's discontinued this detector?  The link to White's page from your metal-detector-database page gets a 404 error, but still takes you to their website.  I searched through their products pages, including 'beach detectors' and 'waterproof detectors' and can't find it.

8 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Has White's discontinued this detector?  The link to White's page from your metal-detector-database page gets a 404 error, but still takes you to their website.  I searched through their products pages, including 'beach detectors' and 'waterproof detectors' and can't find it.

Plenty of dealers have them so if they have been discontinued it’s news.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...