Does Anyone Have News On The Fisher Impulse Aqua Manta?

2 minutes ago, danielbecerra said:

If anyone knows something that says number of months? before you go for a walk

Many years ago Fisher supposedly had a detector project with the name Mosca under development.  People kept waiting for it to appear but it never did.  Fisher may have run into a problem with this current project, and it may or may not enter production.  Testing prototypes plus talking about their features and performance is NOT a guarantee that the product will ever be produced.  Throughout the world there are electronic prototypes sitting on dusty shelves that never made it to market.  You may be waiting for a product that will never be sold.

• Like 2

Well ok :smile: I personally don’t mind the delay per se because I assume it is for good reason. There were talks of performance improvements right up until the information blackout. Well for gosh sake, if there is to be no update facility, get this thing right before release! The last thing First Texas or any of us need is another release snafu that has everyone having to send units back to the factory for updates. That seems so common sense but even the F-Pulse pinpointer had issues when it came out and it was just a pinpointer.

More importantly in my mind is I am very much hoping they improve the waterproof spec of 1 meter or 3 feet. That’s basically a wader and even mask and snorkel use would be risky. I did a lot of breath hold to 6 feet myself with my other units like the ATX. In other words, a guy like me standing in deep water would not be able to sit the unit on the bottom where my feet are without exceeding three feet. Not good enough in my opinion. One quoted delay was over the waterproof thing and hopefully that means it is being improved to what is sort of a industry minimum of three meters or ten feet.

If offered the choice between getting it now or getting it right, I’m all in favor of patience and getting it right. Marketing and management have got to be going crazy and putting pressure on to get it to market. Back the engineers on this one guys and give them time.

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, FWest said:

Maybe the delay is to release the aqua and dirt (terra?) version together?

Well that I would doubt, simply because they have so much time and money tied up in this so far that they need to re-coup that money as soon as possible.  And since the beach product was supposedly further along, getting it out the door and money coming back in would be a better business move.  A dirt product is going to need to be tested against a variety of high mineral ground strata from all over the world.  And that takes a lot of time and money, just ask Minelab. 😉

From https://www.detectorprospector.com/forums/topic/8607-fisher-impulse-aq-formerly-aqua-manta-pulse-induction-metal-detector/?do=findComment&comment=97913

On 6/26/2019 at 1:36 PM, EL NINO77 said:

LE.JAG ... I would have one question .. is it possible to market AQUA-Pulse and TERRA-Pulse in the same time period ..?

Another question would be when will I start pre-orders for AQUA-Pulse and TERRA-Pulse detectors?

I admit to TERRA-pulse is a detector that is personally interested in me ...

"the first to go out AQua

the Terra should not be long
it's the same platform, some components that change
+ the facade / the rest is of the programming .."

As far as I know the Impulse AQ was first rumored by Tim Mallory of First Texas on Facebook in July 2014. Here is part of what he said:

Tim Mallory - Joe, we have 15 seasoned engineers. Still it takes 3 to 5 years to get a new platform to the intro stage. Let me just say, a PI is in the works.

Dusty Willis - So I was wondering.... When is fisher going to get into the pulse induction business and come out with a pi machine for gold to compete with minelab?

Tim Mallory - Dusty, it's on the bench. But still in research...arguably close to development stage...someday we will have a kick ass PI."

So 3 - 5 years.... as of August 2019 we are at five years.

• Like 1

Le Jag posted this on a french forum:

Hi,

I do not have much news ...
the beta testers' returns are excellent, especially on volcanic sand
they have detected a problem of electrolysis on the coil connector due to the strong pulse current
the connector has been changed to prevent this
the battery has been changed to face the future standard for air transport ...

what is still dragging are the headphones
FTP considers that the gray ghost that was planned in the package is too expensive
so they look for an alternative, probably the koss ...
and still no date of release: - /

Sounds like a detector with plenty of stuff being worked on still. Funny headphones are an issue. FTP makes underwater detectors already. Anyway, next year folks.

• Like 1