COIL SAVERS

Hey guys, I just got these in, they are a really simple and worthwhile upgrade  

The “CoilSaver” washers serve to massively reduce coil ear and coil yoke wear by spacing them from each other to prevent them rubbing together  (see photos)

These also make your coil tighter on the shaft (no floppy coil) and reduce the chance of snapping your coil ears off as the bolt will not need to be overly tensioned.

They come in a pack of eight with two thicknesses so you can mix and match them depending on the wear of your equipment. (Four washers requires per shaft making two full sets

Red washer x4 (3mm)
Black washer x4 (2mm)

These are currently available at www.detect-Ed.com and we do ship international very affordable but our US dealers will surely have them soon 👍

B270D9B5-7637-4E9C-8FE1-6CD1602A80DE.jpeg

6EF5EAD4-2053-48C3-8FF5-B0279298766F.jpeg

16917308-FF06-42F7-AA8B-18B9590DF351.jpeg

8646FCB3-B970-4AE4-B08C-CF01A8D984BA.jpeg

• Like 3

Cool - always wanted to make some. My 11" coil ears have a lot of wear after 1 year excessive use on the beach.

Which shore hardness did you choose?

I think I should get some of these, Why doesn't that Shaft in the photos have the little drain hole, are the photos using an older model? I've decided it's time for me to upgrade my Equinox shaft now too, it's a tough battle between the Detect ED shaft and the Tele-nox shaft.

Well, I've ordered a Detect-Ed Nox Shaft and some of these coil saver washers now.  My Nox deserves a treat, it's been used and abused lately.

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By DanPettit
      I haven't used my Treasure Pro in about a year and it has been packed up and hauled around a bit. I turned it on and I get random readings all over of the scale.  I followed the directions to reset it with no change.  If the coil is not connected it is quiet.   Could I have a broken coil?
      Dan
    • By GB_Amateur
      I was thinking the other day about some of the best metal detectors of the analog age and early digital age.  My memory shows concentric searchcoils, the Fisher CZ series being an example.
      What is the earliest commercial detector that had the commercial option of a DD coil?  (As opposed to prototypes, experiements, garage builds, etc., although if you know of any of those it would also be interesting to read about.)  Were there analog detectors (and if so, which ones) that worked with DD coils or did those not come around until digital circuitry took over?
    • By kac
      Finally got a Superfly for my Multi Kruzer. It weighs just .01 lbs more than the stock 7x11. Overall it is less chattery and I can kick the gain up much more. Depth wise on a silver dime it at same gain settings it will go between 2"-3" deeper with steadier numbers. Target separation seems to be about the same and in the field I gave it a go for about an hour or so and it was really nice to swing. Though I only found a bit of clad I plan on giving this one some serious hours.
      Not sure if it is a worthy upgrade for anyone with an Amphibio but if you have one of the Kruzers I highly recommend it.
    • By Luis
      I leave you a video in case someone wants to do it. Having two dishes to choose from, I don't know if it's worth it. Although it must be recognized that the plate is much cheaper and larger. The video is in Spanish but the procedure to do it looks pretty good.

• By Mike Hillis
      What is wrong with the Gold Kruzer?   
      Why doesn't NEL or CORS or Magic or Detech make any coils for the Gold Kruzer?    
      They make full lineups of coils of for the Gold Racer, but not a one for the Gold Kruzer.   
      You can't say its because of the water proof connector, as they make coils for the Kruzer and Anfibio.
      You can't say its because of the frequency as they make coils for the Gold Racer and the Gold Kruzer is basically a waterproof Gold Racer.
      So what gives?  Why do the aftermarket coil mfg's treat the Gold Kruzer like an ugly step-child?   
      Mike

• By Dan Fox
      I was listening the other day to C-Scope talking about the new Evo-6000. They said they opted for single frequency operation with the coil set for one frequency as it is better as it resonates at it's design frequency, in this case 17khz. They did say there will be option coils to change the frequency higher or lower but this will mean purchasing a new coil to change frequency.
      Is this truly the best way to achieve the best sensitivity at a given frequency or are they just holding on to old tech.
      There are other makes of detector that you can change frequency with the same coil (Deus, ORX, Kruzer, Anfibio, Nox etc) do these machines have a set resonate frequency matched to the coil which offers best performance and do they lose sensitivity if you change frequency? Or is there a way of making the coil sensitive to a range of frequencies.
      Just wondering why they chose to go a different route to others on the frequency selection?