Edsped

Save Your Coils!?

COIL SAVERS

Hey guys, I just got these in, they are a really simple and worthwhile upgrade  

The “CoilSaver” washers serve to massively reduce coil ear and coil yoke wear by spacing them from each other to prevent them rubbing together  (see photos)

These also make your coil tighter on the shaft (no floppy coil) and reduce the chance of snapping your coil ears off as the bolt will not need to be overly tensioned.

They come in a pack of eight with two thicknesses so you can mix and match them depending on the wear of your equipment. (Four washers requires per shaft making two full sets

Red washer x4 (3mm)
Black washer x4 (2mm)

These are currently available at www.detect-Ed.com and we do ship international very affordable but our US dealers will surely have them soon 👍

B270D9B5-7637-4E9C-8FE1-6CD1602A80DE.jpeg

6EF5EAD4-2053-48C3-8FF5-B0279298766F.jpeg

16917308-FF06-42F7-AA8B-18B9590DF351.jpeg

8646FCB3-B970-4AE4-B08C-CF01A8D984BA.jpeg

• Like 3

Cool - always wanted to make some. My 11" coil ears have a lot of wear after 1 year excessive use on the beach.

Which shore hardness did you choose?

I think I should get some of these, Why doesn't that Shaft in the photos have the little drain hole, are the photos using an older model? I've decided it's time for me to upgrade my Equinox shaft now too, it's a tough battle between the Detect ED shaft and the Tele-nox shaft.

The hardness is 70 if that means anything haha, as for the drainage hole, it is just on the other side of the yoke 👍

• Like 1

Well, I've ordered a Detect-Ed Nox Shaft and some of these coil saver washers now.  My Nox deserves a treat, it's been used and abused lately.

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By kac
      I recently broke my stock dd and replaced it with the 9x12 concentric. For the life of me I could not ground balance the machine in snow, just an inch or 2 it would false out like crazy. I did repair my dd but it is slightly out.
      Sent the 2 coils to Garrett along with the AT Pro and they repaired the machine, put in new firmware and confirmed the dd was out of wack. Went to use the machine over the weekend and still can't gb it with the concentric.
      Does anyone have a 9x12 concentric on an AT Pro and can confirm the issue? Not sure if it is the snow or the machine is marginal and sensitive to the cold or not.
      Thanks
    • By Tnsharpshooter
      http://www.dankowskidetectors.com/discussions/read.php?2,172940
    • By vanursepaul
      Anyone have any idea why my coil is overloading???
      I checked up and down the cable to see if it was shorted to no avail....
      It works fine with another coild.
      Trying to upload or link a video.... Standby----
      https://photos.app.goo.gl/W1Nwk2kCRQixPE5H9

BTW
      Hey all you crazy Aussies--  Im still kicking---hope all is well with you all there...
    • By pikens
      I was reading about coils. They said a round DD coil has a lot of advantages over football shape coils. It has been a long time ago. Can't remember why ? Any one can help with this?😕
    • By phrunt
      I figured I should post this here as I posted the information elsewhere on the forum that's less relevant than here.
      Our extremely innovative Russian friends have managed to make a range of aftermarket coils for the Equinox, they remove the security chip out of your coil, reseal your coil and give you an adapter which then allows you to run aftermarket coils.  They make a range of sizes too.   My pick of the bunch would be the 9.5x5.5!

That's the range of sizes and pricing in Russian currency.
      You can find out more about it here on these Russian forums, you'll have to use Google translate or something similar to read it.
      Original thread
      http://foxmd.ru/index.php?route=product/category&path=77_92
      More information
      http://foxmd.ru/index.php?route=product/category&path=93
      And videos from them about the coils
      and lucky last 🙂
      When nobody can do it, the Russians do and they do it well.

• By Dean Stone
      Dose anyone where I can get a coil end that's goes on the black control box. I have a 9.5" coil that someone changed the end for another detector. I can't find where to order on Whites forum. Thanks Dean