Sign in to follow this  
garikfox

GPX 4800 Vs GPX 5000

I was just curious and was wondering what the GPX-5000 has that the GPX-4800 doesn't have?

This site has a pretty powerful yet easy to use advanced search feature which is needed because of the troves of valuable info stashed here and there.

Hope this link helps answer your question.  But what it boils down to is that the 5000 has a couple of additional timings for salt and mineralized soils and a couple of extra custom presets.  Other than that, performance-wise they are about the same.  

• Like 1

Thanks!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By PG-Prospecting
      This past weekend i was running the GPX 4800, and my buddy was using my equinox 800.  I will say that i could not be within 30 to 40 feet of the equinox, it gave the GPX fits, and if you got closer than 10 feet the GPX  was just screaming like it had a beer can under the coil.  I found this interesting since its usually the other way around with the GPX giving the VLF detectors fits.  Guess it has something to do with the Multi IQ that the equinox is running.  
      Has anyone else experienced this?  
    • By PG-Prospecting
      So this Saturday im heading back out to the property that produced 4 nuggets with the GPX 4800 last time, using the 11 inch coiltec elite.  
      The area we will be focusing on has mainly been known for producing larger nuggets in excess of 5 grams.  My question is, is there any advantage to use the 11 inch coil vs the 15x12.  
      The 15x12 obviously gets more ground coverage but  would think the two would be about equal on depth to larger nuggets.  The 15x12 is probably less responsive to smaller nuggets compared to the 11 inch.  
      Which would you use on ground that was just clear cut with targets that will generally be on the order of 5 grams or larger?  

Thanks for the help
    • By shredmandan
      I see the Minelab GPX 4500 is being discontinued. If the price goes down is it worth it to pick one up or has what replaced it that much better? Perhaps a premium will now be asked for the remaining new GPX 4500's? Is now the time to buy??
    • By garikfox
      I was wondering if the aftermarket coils were that much better than the Minelab, i.e Coiltek.
      I'm very hesitant to go Coiltek because the GPX was designed to use only Minelab coils?
      My fear is i don't want to hurt my GPX 5000 in the long term by putting a coil on it that Minelab doesn't like?
      It seems like everyone with a GPX is using a aftermarket coil. I especially like the Coiltek 9" Elite
      I'f you were me would you get a Coiltek coil?
    • By garikfox
      Hi everyone, i'm excited! I just purchased a GPX-5000. I got 10% off the total. With an additional 8" commander mono coil, the total came out too 3.8k.
      I studied for awhile on which one to get, the GPX-4500 or 5000. I figured for 1k more I could get the better one, so I got the GPX-5000, Yay!
    • By Grooney218
      I literally just got this machine in the mail today. Which coil would you recommend using for civil war relic hunting ? The commander or gp series one? Thanks in advance guys