Skate

Kind Of One Of Those Best Day Evers

You are a good man Skate, thanks for posting your story! :smile:

• Like 1

Indeed a very good ending to this story. By the end of September I will start having weekends off finally. Now its time to finally learn how to swing my detector. Thank you for sharing your story, may one day I have a wonderful story like that to share as well.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Skate said:

I kind of hesitate to bring some of my ring finds for customers because I know some folks think that it's not hard to find a ring when someone tells you where they lost it and ringfinders like me are glorified hustlers.

Those folks aren't here.  Brings to life the "needle in a haystack" analogy.  Well done.

• Like 2

You did the right thing for the right reasons...who cares what the doubters say!

good on you...as the Aussies say

fred

Thanks for the kind words but I really don't want them to be about me but rather what an awesome hobby we have in detecting. I can think of no other hobby where you can find money, history, jewelry, gold AND make others happy in the process. GB is right in that the folks here are the best and thanks to Steve and his ability to shut some things down it has and continues to be the best place to share and talk detecting. To be alive is to be making a difference and man I felt alive yesterday!

• Like 5

Skate,  I know you feeling when you return something and get rewarded with kind words, praise and Karma.  Very nice story and photos.  Hats off to you for doing our wonderful hobby such a great service.

• Like 1

The fact that you were able to find it in such a big area to search is amazing... and shows your skill level as how you approached this hunt...for instance  only searching for specific numbers....ignoring deep targets etc...Nice work Skate

strick

• Like 2

Great write up of a great recovery!!

God is good!!!

• Like 4

Thanks for sharing. 

HH
Mike

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Againstmywill
      Same football field as the tape player today. This came in a faint 28 on the Nox with the 15" in park 1. I was using 17 sensitivity and it caught it as deep as the Garrett Carrot is long. First one of these I've found, too. 

• By alaskaseeker
      The last time Steve H and i hunted together in Hawaii, i banged in this beauty and he banged in Two.. Always fun to hunt with Steve,  he's a real detectorist.....

• By HollywoodBeach
      This thing was just a whisper and quite deep (a little over a foot) about midway between high and low tide lines.  Heard the faint sound of a tone and number i hadn't seen before (high tone, 34ish, Nox800).  Gold plated silver Russian St George religious ring.

• By alaskaseeker
      These are a few i found in various places, Hawaii, UK, and Ak..The silver ring is pretty old, i found it in a plowed farm field in the UK, it was basically flattened out, when i got back to Ak i took it to a jeweler friend and he reshaped it and made a repair...Hawaii is a gold ring paradise did manage to return a couple of wedding bands but for the most part its impossible...
    • By Mark Gillespie
      Well, I can say, I almost gave up on this 14k gold earring and sterling piece.  The detector (Equinox 800, park 2) kept telling me it was there but my pinpointer was not so sure until it actually touch it.  The color of the ground and the fact I didn't have my glasses on proved to be a difficult task in locating these two precious items.  Just remember if the detectors says there is something there don't give up until you know what it is.  The second photo was a blast in recovering all those sterling pieces.  And then the old button, very ornate.

• By strick
      Im still a newbie to this hobby but  I try to take in as much knowledge as as I can from all of the more experienced prospectors on this board. I've learned a lot in the last 3 years from some of you fellas and to that I am greatful. That being said I stumbeled or should I say my wife stumbled upon a new method of unearthing gold the other day. She was taking a lunch time walk around the lake where she works and noticed a duck pecking at something shiny near the waters edge. The curious bird eventually tired of playing with or trying to eat the shiny object so Lisa went down to investigate  and found a nice gold chain and pendant. It tests 10k with acid. Included is a photo of the pendant and a short video that demonstrates what one might "look for"  when employing this new technique of finding gold. I realize that the video is of geese but the same method applies to ducks. Some of the members of this board are snowed in right now and I hope you find this post useful. You might want to turn some music on when watching the video.....

strick