G'day From Western Australia

Westy27

Hi All,

I have been trawling this site for a number of months and figured it was about time I started contributing what I can! (which is not much at this stage).

I have equipped myself with an Equinox 800 and hope to be able to make the most of it! Focus will be on relics/coins/jewellery for now with a goal of heading into some gold country. Not sure the equinox will handle the hot earth of the Goldfields so there may be further acquisitions before a trip to the Goldfields. 

I'm enjoying hunting the parks at the moment so i'll stick with that.

Thanks for all the information so far!

Cheers all

• Like 6

Thanks phrunt,

I have a feeling i'll end up with a PI of some sort. I've watched so many videos of guys and girls digging tiny nuggets. Even though it's hard work for the tiny return I feel I'm going to need to see that glint of gold at some stage. 

I also want to try my hand at shallow water searching where the masses like to cool off. Need to get myself a scoop!

Cheers

Welcome to the forum!

Rest assured a properly tuned metal detector will “handle” any ground. It simply requires reducing the sensitivity until the detector is stable, and then working within whatever limits that imposes. Gold can be found with most any detector if on good ground and with a skillful operator behind the machine. I am not saying all detectors are equal, but the truth is it’s the operators that vary far more than the detectors themselves. Enjoy!

post-1-0-85634600-1439921248.jpg

• Like 5

Is that floating dredge tailing piles or? It looks more mixed and less uniform than our dredge piles here. 

• 1 month later...