Sign in to follow this  
Steve Herschbach

Collapsible Shaft For Garrett AT Series?

2 hours ago, kac said:

Be cool if someone came up with a collapsible shaft for hiking. Shaft system like that should work on the Ace series as well.

• Like 2

Here you will find a video of a german detectorist, Stefan, "Sondelsüchtig" (= addicted to detecting), who favors the Mars Universal Shaft for his AT Pro and nowadays for his AT Max too: 

On his channel you can find a lot of interesting videos on the AT Pro and AT Max. All in the german language, but he speaks english too. So if you have any questions you can always post him on his YT-channel.

HTH

Greetings,

• Like 1

cool, know what my next purchases is :)

Looked at the specs on that it's almost 3 lbs! Not a bad design otherwise.

Weight is 730 grams or 1.069 lbs. it’s an almost exact copy of the Deus rod so no way it could weigh 3 lbs.

C5A080FE-5DCA-4A12-8829-39FF915A8A5C.jpeg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By steveg
      Hi, all!

I just wanted to mention that in the spirit of the Holidays, Steve's Detector Rods will be giving away one carbon-fiber complete Equinox shaft (upper shaft and lower rod), AND one carbon-fiber Equinox lower rod, to two lucky U.S. winners.  Two separate drawings will be held on Dec. 18, one for the complete shaft, and a second for the lower rod.  Entry into the drawings is completely free, with no purchase required -- and the entry period is open from now, through 11:59 PM on Sunday, Dec. 15.  Additionally, ALL entrants into either drawing will qualify to receive 10% off of any item purchased through Steve's, for the entire month of December.  For additional information, including details and eligibility, please visit Steve's Facebook page, at https://www.facebook.com/stevesdetectorrods
      Thanks!

Steve
    • By Joe D.
      Have been looking at this on Ebay and decided to order one today to try out! We will see how it functions!
        I currently don't have a proper shop, or else i would probably make one myself, out of an old nylon cutting board! If it works out, i may make a few for my other detectors! But for now, I'll just purchase!👍

• By TripleT
      My son printed this up for me. Hopefully it will last longer then factory ones.

• By Bohemia Miner
      I don’t really like the smooth handle on my Equinox so I wanted to add something to give it a little more cushion and grip.   I first thought of handle bar tape like they used on ten speed racer bikes back in the day but nobody seems to carry it, except maybe a bike shop. Besides, I thought it might have been too thick.   I settled on cloth Athletic Tape that I found at Walmart. It’s super thin, 1.5” wide, has a sticky back and only cost $2.97. If it gets torn or dirty, I can just change it like a bandage. I figure I can get about 15 applications out of the 30’ roll!

• By Old Farm Hunter
      Has anyone ever made a homemade shaft for a metal detector with PVC pipe ?
      I think im gonna try it ill keep you informed on how it goes
    • By flakmagnet
      Since people are chatting up new stems, I would like to recommend a three piece telescoping replacement for the stock Equinox stem. I received it today and love it. It is super lightweight, simple to assemble (I did it so it's simple), it obviously has had a lot of thought put into it. I don't make a habit of putting up ad's for equipment unless I am pretty sure they are first rate and I believe this shaft meets that standard. 
      I took a couple of quick shots of it after I closed it up to it's shortest length. They also included a nice cover for the Eq. control box which I also have shown.
      Take a look at their website and see what you think
      https://www.detecting-innovations.co.uk/TELE-KNOX_Detecting-Innovations_Telescopic_Stem/p6292256_19741720.aspx