Lucky Charm?

Dragged a buddy mine to an area where I found a 2 cent. Had my Tejon with larger coil this time around and got a small but nice hit near a pine tree, told him to dig it might be good.

I looked back after a few minutes and saw a huge mound of dirt  so i went back and relocated it. Turned out to be a 4 leaf clover charm gold plated over zinc so I said want it? Might bring you some luck... he said no all pissed off.

Continuing on i found 5 Indian heads with dates from late 1800's to 1908, pocket knife and a barber dime to top it off.

The Charm is now hot glued to the Tejon 🙂

What was odd is the Indian heads showed up as a 60 on his Garrett. Really strange as they usually show up 74-76 on those machines. Even on my Tejon they were pretty much on the pull ring if not on the fringe. Usually  skip those signals but for some reason they just sounded a bit better than a pull ring. Too bad the pine trees beat them up. Think a bit more baking soda and toothbrush will clean them up a bit more.

Indian heads.JPG

• Like 8

Did a bit more scrubbing and the top 2 pennies are flying eagles, one unreadable other 1858. Thought they were IH's too because the back is similar. Dig those ring tabs!

• Like 2

Awesome finds Kac. The Tejon in experienced hands is an excellent detector. I like the idea of glueing the lucky charm to your Tejon. I recently found a really old four leaf clover charm too.  Found a big 14K mens gold ring 2 days later. I think you have given me an idea. Time to hang the clover charm on me or my detectors somewhere.......

Jeff

• Like 1

Your suggestion on picking those pull tabs paid off this time. Those pennies were right in the range where I would normally skim over or trim out. It's not the detector so much as knowing the machine though the Tesoo's have excellent sound where you can hear the subtle differences between good and bad targets most of their machines don't have a vdi to assist. I do have tons of hours son that machine literally put in 10+ hours a week on it.

Those are my first flying eagles, too bad they are in rough shape. The pine forest really kills copper it seems.

Thanks!

• Like 2