Well that's a good junk to Awesome ratio 🙂

• Thanks 1

6-1 is great ratio! I can't ever recall digging a 15 that was other than a tab or bottle cap. Very nice!

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Againstmywill said:

The side stones are diamonds according to my tester. The middle stones have a more purple hue to them when light is passed through.

It looks like amethyst is what you have, it is also my birth stone and have seen it hundreds of times.

I almost purchased a ring very similar to it back in the 70's.

Great find

Valen

• Thanks 1

Great ring and reward for digging all of those 11 to 17 pull tab variants that are so easy to pass over after digging hundreds. Even though some people say the Equinox tones are not "nuanced" enough, those of us that have hundreds or more hours on the Nox know differently. 

Square cut ameythst is a possibility, so is garnet AND ruby. Rubies and garnets can have deep purple tints too.

Jeff

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thats a nice 15 for sure...I've dug lots of bottle caps that were a 15...Nice old ring you got there. 

strick

• Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By dogodog
      I just wanted to pose a question to all DP user's. Who is your detecting Hero, mentor or person who gave you the detecting/prospecting interest???? or you just plain admired for the dedication and promotion of the hobby. This can be anyone who influenced or inspired you to do what we all enjoy so much. Please share your stories about these people for all of us to enjoy. We do not want their legacy to be forgotten!!  I would like to start with Jack Gifford of Tesoro, For actualizing Tesoro detectors. His life and endevors are what we all strive to accomplish. A truly great person in so many ways. There are also many contributors on this forum that have helped me become a better more informed detector.  GB, Kac, Chase, Joe D, T Vallen, and so many more. I also have to include Mr. Herschbach for creating the best detecting forum on the old interweb. Thanks to all who contribute to this great site.
    • By Nuggetdog
      Found a beautiful little diamond ring, probably CZ. It says Avon sterling but there is a little chip that looks like it’s plated. Does anyone know if Avon sterling jewelry is .925 silver?

• By okara gold
      Some beach erosion and high waves from Sally brought these into detector range. One silver and 3 gold. Two are 14K, and the other is 10K.  About 8 hours total over 2 days. Three rings on the first day and one on the second day. I went back on the third day and all was sanded in again. I don't know what the gemstone is in the ring. Not a diamond. Bob K

• By The Seeker
      I got out for nice long hunt with the AQ. I found quite a few targets to keep me busy. Five of the rings are junk and the other two silver. One of the silvers has real diamond chips. The gold ring came towards the end of the hunt and weighs 4.7g. I have found 5 gold rings with the AQ and a small pendant, so not too bad.  Thanks for looking and happy hunting.

• By Jim in ma
      With lifeguards gone Kids gone cooler weather and the lowest water level in years,     fresh water
      I was out chin deep in what it seems to be undetected area. all targets were very deep and have been there for a long time.
      The Irish ring is stamped 375, the locket 585, and the blue ring 14k and I have not cleaned the 14k at all it is tarnished or stained.
      All found with TDI BH but I did mark the area that the locket came from to return with my Nox to try and find the chain.

• By GB_Amateur
      I've created this short (fortunately for you the software won't let me enter more than 3 questions!) poll.  Comments and further elaboration of your usage, etc. are of course welcome as reply posts.