What Are Your Favorite Trips To And From Gold

I like it. I know I for one find far more scenery than I do gold! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm also reminded of a trip going from Anchorage to the Kenai Peninsula that had several glaciers and I later found out went past some gold bearing areas.  I don't have the pictures on that just now. 

• Like 1

Does anyone have any travel photos to post?

I wish i did but the furthest i drive for gold in VA is about 1.5 hours.  Not much cool scenery in between.  

I've driven the entire Appalachian Trail in the early 70s.  There are some cool road signs (twists, turns, Us) that I took pictures of back then and I remember several nice mountain views.  A swamp or battlefield would be ok also ... haha

I rarely get around to taking pictures, but this gives me a reason to do better. I'll have some next time I drive to a cool place (lots of them in Idaho) 

• Thanks 1

The US Interstate Highway System is a net plus, but when it comes to sightseeing the slower US and state highways are much superior.  When I'm on vacation with my wife I try and use the latter as much as I can.  When I come out west to hunt for gold it's a lot harder to do that.  For example, a trip to Nevada is 7 days round trip just driving (on the interstates) so a 2-week trip (including both weekends) is only 9 days in the wild.  Colorado is much better in that regard (only 4 days round trip) but I need to figure out where I have a chance finding gold with a metal detector there.

I agree with Lacky -- your post has given me incentive to take more pictures.

• Like 1

I once knew a guy who travelled the West (I did a couple of trips with him) and whenever he travelled he would stop to get coffee about every hour.  It was not about the coffee however.  It was about the chat in the coffee shops.  He was an old tool collector and that is where he would do his research.  He would chat up the owner and customers kinda like Frank and Mike on American Pickers.

We could probably do the same on our trips to gold and find some local knowledge if we would just stop more often!

Mitchel

• Like 3

For me it traveling through farmland and fields of corn for miles. (relic hunter) . The only gold I hunt is through my eyes and this site. So yes, would like to see pictures of your travels to the gold.

Pic is of one of my permissions, hunt the field borders until harvest then the fields.

IMG_0229.jpg

• Like 4