Nuggets And Civil War Relics

You certainly worked for that gold!  You have the trash to prove it!  Nice nuggets!  GaryC/Oregon Coast

That trip looks like a good adventure with friends.

Were there any mosquitos?

Mitchel

Always some mosquitoes when your in VA.  But luckly cooler temps in the 70s and low 80s and nice breeze kept them away.  That plus lots of deet bug spray, but that was mainly for the ticks and chiggers.  

• Thanks 1

I grew up in North Florida and I know what chiggers (red bugs) are.  I was picking blackberries one year without protection and I had so many of them it was impossible to count.  There wasn't much I could do back then in the 70s to make them feel better other than sit with a spray of hot water.  Those feelings from the hot water on the chigger bites was unbelievable in intensity.  There are few things I have done that are that intense but prevention would be much better than contracting them.

Mitchel

Yeah chiggers suck, luckily their bites are just irritating for a few weeks, and they dont carry weird diseases like ticks do.  But both suck, so whenever we go out into the woods we coat ourselves with deet bug spray.  

Been following your success...I live in California and every time I see one of your videos I feel like a bum for not going out nugget hunting...I am curious if you guys are detecting and dredging on public or private land? 

strick

Only thing I would suggest is balance the speaking and music volume.  The speaking was faint at times so I turned the volume up to make it out then the music would blast the ears a bit.