Open Letter To White’s Electronics’s

I also have had many detectors from Whites. I think the first was a 6000 D . I now own a V3I . Always upgraded to another Whites. First time i ever had a different brand was last year. A NOX. I still take the V out for a walk. Love both machines. The V is still a great machine and will stand it's ground by the best. To dig or walk ? It's all about info. or data. You will not beat the Whites V3I in data points.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

5 minutes ago, Dan Fox said:

Whites appear to have officially hinted something new for 2020.... 

Yeah they do that a lot, I wish they would make a GBPI with the adjustability of the TDI Pro but as light as the TDI SL that is waterproof and has the power and sensitivity of the GPX-5000, But dreams are free and I can have a GPX here and Now, 

12 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

What hint? New detector... or new digging tool?

It was in a magazine advert, they just hinted something new is coming in 2020.

They slipped it in an update about there factory closure during COVID 19

• Like 2

I came into this hobby with a Whites detector over 50 years ago and I’d like it be the last detector when I can’t hunt anymore .

Chuck 

If there is a year that will make or break Whites it will be 2021. The game is going to get taken to the next level, and anyone who wants to stay in needs to bring their best players to the field, and soon. I do hope Whites shows us something truly new, as their future as a going concern depends on it.

• Like 2

Whites  

I hope you’ve been reading the fire storm that has been set off with Garrett’s new detector the Apex.

The day of the hard heavy body made of metal is a thing of the past . I know you have some that’s come out in a lighter case but you can see what people want now days.

I know I’ve said this before and that’s I started this hobby in 66 with you. In my opinion Whites was number one detector company in that day.

When the Sport came out I had to have one but was too heavy for me. Then came the MX 7 but still too heavy. I sold the Sport because of its weight but I did like it and for the time I had it I found lots.

Only you know what you can do and I wish the very best in whatever it may be .

Chuck 

The Apex is a look at what the V3i could have become, and maybe still could. The question is whether White's even has anyone left on board who can take what is on the huge V3i motherboard and cram it into an MX Sport housing.

whites-v3i-sport-multifrequency-metal-detector.jpg
White's V3i Sport metal detector