What Is Going On Minelab ??

Guest calabash digger

Guest calabash digger

What is going on???? Just have had to get one replaced...now the external speaker isn't working right...muffled sounding.. one guy made a post about this exact issue.. and said minelab burped his machine..

It's an issue if you use the speaker to provide audio for instructional and hunt videos.  There is a one way pressure valve in there that is supposed to relieve internal pressure automatically, I thought.  Also, could just be a matter of letting the external speaker membrane dry out.  Submersible cell phones have similar issues with their speakers.  Call ML repair.  I am more concerned about yet another drowned Equinox that you posted about separately.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, midalake said:

I have not used an external speaker in about 25 years. Not sure how important this issue is?

Dave

I used it two weeks ago when I took my daughter out so she could hear it with me. I agree I wont use it often, but it would bug me if it wasn't there.

• Like 2

I’m sorry to hear you are having problems. Nothing is going on actually. Things fail, that’s why they have warranties. But I see another discussion point to fire up the users and forums in the making.

My prototype Equinox is still going strong though the handle is getting eroded from use and my preproduction unit is still going strong even after I ran it over and had to super glue and clamp the distorted pod face back into place. I don’t use my production unit as much because it’s my “pretty” Equinox! :smile:

I’m not trying to make light of your problems with your units though Scott. That just sucks. :mellow:

minelab-equinox-waterproof-underwater-me

• Like 5

Guest calabash digger

Customer service was and is great Steve. It does stink and I learned how to burp a Equinox today. Made a how to video...

To learn my 800 I have only used the speakers because the headphones that came with it causes to much sweat build up in my ears. I don't like all that moisture and it is distracting to me.

Once I learn more about what I am doing then I will find earphones that don't make my ears sweat so much.

Hope their warranty takes care of the problem.

Earbuds usually work well for those situations, at least for me.  You can pick up wireless aptx low latency ones for $30-$40. The regular wired ones work fine with the equinox too.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 2Valen said:

To learn my 800 I have only used the speakers because the headphones that came with it causes to much sweat build up in my ears

Hi 2Valen, 

I find the Minelab headphones pretty comfy but yes, they can get sweaty and I also don't like the fact that you can't hear any surrounding sounds.  

These headphones plugged in to your WM08 work great, don't actually sit in your ears so aren't sweaty and can allow you to hear what is going on around you.   Any other earbud type things should just plug into your WM08 too.  

image.thumb.png.7d4c4917e51842ed0596945fc0a42bb7.png

https://www.philips.com.au/c-p/SHQ1400CL_00/actionfit-sports-headphones

Sorry about the ridiculously large image   🤷‍♂️

Cheers, NE. 

• Like 2