Gerry in Idaho

Golden Words Of Joy And Praise

Great story, Gerry.  But that was his side of it.  I can see you were using a White's Golmaster 24k, but what settings, coil, etc.?  Did you key in on a signal strength, conductivity range, gain setting,...?  How accurate was the location he predicted?  How long did it take to find?  Did you get any other targets that looked good?  Did he give any compensation (cash or otherwise -- I like to ask grateful recipients if they know of any properties I can search, such of those of older relatives -- i.e. permissions are more desired/valuable than simple cash, IMO).  Obviously your business's reputation and personal satisfaction were rewards in themselves.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That's a pretty cool looking ring actually, and that's coming from someone who doesn't generally like jewelry too. 👍

• Like 1

The smiles say it all...Nice work Gerry!...do you think it was really an ounce? Is that a thumb in the photo? then I'll believe it's an ounce :biggrin:

strick

On 8/27/2019 at 5:36 PM, GB_Amateur said:

Great story, Gerry.  But that was his side of it.  I can see you were using a White's Golmaster 24k, but what settings, coil, etc.?  Did you key in on a signal strength, conductivity range, gain setting,...?  How accurate was the location he predicted?  How long did it take to find?  Did you get any other targets that looked good?  Did he give any compensation (cash or otherwise -- I like to ask grateful recipients if they know of any properties I can search, such of those of older relatives -- i.e. permissions are more desired/valuable than simple cash, IMO).  Obviously your business's reputation and personal satisfaction were rewards in themselves.

6" round coil to get better target separation in the yard full of iron nails.  Signal Strength and a hard Positive reading.  It was 25' from where he thought he lost it.  Took me about 15 minutes.  It was the 2nd signal I thought could be it.  The other was a brass sprinkler.  He did offer a small reward.  I always try to gain a potential hunt site when doing these.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/27/2019 at 9:38 PM, strick said:

'The smiles say it all...Nice work Gerry!...do you think it was really an ounce? Is that a thumb in the photo? then I'll believe it's an ounce :biggrin:

strick

I've found quite a few nice pieces of gold, but not many monster rings.  I feel it was very close to an ounce.  Yes that is my thumb in the ring.

• Like 1

Yes!!!! Awesome recovery Gerry. That's a honker.

• Like 1

Nice job, Gerry.

HH
Mike

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Againstmywill
      Same football field as the tape player today. This came in a faint 28 on the Nox with the 15" in park 1. I was using 17 sensitivity and it caught it as deep as the Garrett Carrot is long. First one of these I've found, too. 

• By alaskaseeker
      The last time Steve H and i hunted together in Hawaii, i banged in this beauty and he banged in Two.. Always fun to hunt with Steve,  he's a real detectorist.....

• By HollywoodBeach
      This thing was just a whisper and quite deep (a little over a foot) about midway between high and low tide lines.  Heard the faint sound of a tone and number i hadn't seen before (high tone, 34ish, Nox800).  Gold plated silver Russian St George religious ring.

• By alaskaseeker
      These are a few i found in various places, Hawaii, UK, and Ak..The silver ring is pretty old, i found it in a plowed farm field in the UK, it was basically flattened out, when i got back to Ak i took it to a jeweler friend and he reshaped it and made a repair...Hawaii is a gold ring paradise did manage to return a couple of wedding bands but for the most part its impossible...
    • By Mark Gillespie
      Well, I can say, I almost gave up on this 14k gold earring and sterling piece.  The detector (Equinox 800, park 2) kept telling me it was there but my pinpointer was not so sure until it actually touch it.  The color of the ground and the fact I didn't have my glasses on proved to be a difficult task in locating these two precious items.  Just remember if the detectors says there is something there don't give up until you know what it is.  The second photo was a blast in recovering all those sterling pieces.  And then the old button, very ornate.

• By strick
      Im still a newbie to this hobby but  I try to take in as much knowledge as as I can from all of the more experienced prospectors on this board. I've learned a lot in the last 3 years from some of you fellas and to that I am greatful. That being said I stumbeled or should I say my wife stumbled upon a new method of unearthing gold the other day. She was taking a lunch time walk around the lake where she works and noticed a duck pecking at something shiny near the waters edge. The curious bird eventually tired of playing with or trying to eat the shiny object so Lisa went down to investigate  and found a nice gold chain and pendant. It tests 10k with acid. Included is a photo of the pendant and a short video that demonstrates what one might "look for"  when employing this new technique of finding gold. I realize that the video is of geese but the same method applies to ducks. Some of the members of this board are snowed in right now and I hope you find this post useful. You might want to turn some music on when watching the video.....

strick