Golden Words Of Joy And Praise

Great story, Gerry.  But that was his side of it.  I can see you were using a White's Golmaster 24k, but what settings, coil, etc.?  Did you key in on a signal strength, conductivity range, gain setting,...?  How accurate was the location he predicted?  How long did it take to find?  Did you get any other targets that looked good?  Did he give any compensation (cash or otherwise -- I like to ask grateful recipients if they know of any properties I can search, such of those of older relatives -- i.e. permissions are more desired/valuable than simple cash, IMO).  Obviously your business's reputation and personal satisfaction were rewards in themselves.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The smiles say it all...Nice work Gerry!...do you think it was really an ounce? Is that a thumb in the photo? then I'll believe it's an ounce :biggrin:

strick

On 8/27/2019 at 5:36 PM, GB_Amateur said:

Great story, Gerry.  But that was his side of it.  I can see you were using a White's Golmaster 24k, but what settings, coil, etc.?  Did you key in on a signal strength, conductivity range, gain setting,...?  How accurate was the location he predicted?  How long did it take to find?  Did you get any other targets that looked good?  Did he give any compensation (cash or otherwise -- I like to ask grateful recipients if they know of any properties I can search, such of those of older relatives -- i.e. permissions are more desired/valuable than simple cash, IMO).  Obviously your business's reputation and personal satisfaction were rewards in themselves.

6" round coil to get better target separation in the yard full of iron nails.  Signal Strength and a hard Positive reading.  It was 25' from where he thought he lost it.  Took me about 15 minutes.  It was the 2nd signal I thought could be it.  The other was a brass sprinkler.  He did offer a small reward.  I always try to gain a potential hunt site when doing these.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/27/2019 at 9:38 PM, strick said:

'The smiles say it all...Nice work Gerry!...do you think it was really an ounce? Is that a thumb in the photo? then I'll believe it's an ounce :biggrin:

strick

I've found quite a few nice pieces of gold, but not many monster rings.  I feel it was very close to an ounce.  Yes that is my thumb in the ring.

• Like 1

Yes!!!! Awesome recovery Gerry. That's a honker.

• Like 1