Hi From Central Florida

Luv863

Hi everyone,

I decided I wanted to get into the hobby of metal detecting so I recently went out and bought an Equinox 800 from my nearest local metal detecting dealer, was still an hour long drive lol, but it was worth it and the shop owner was very knowledgeable and helpful in helping me select a detector. So I'm about as fresh of a novice as it gets. I've been scouring the internet for tips and suggestions on the this hobby and have learned quite a bit. While searching I came across this forum and thought it would be a great idea to join and see what else I could learn from others in the hobby. 

In the couple of weeks that I've had my detector I've been out a few times and have started getting used to the machine. I have also upgraded the shaft on the detector and have gotten myself a pinpointer as well. I've been using a small shovel that was in the shed and have also bought a sand scoop. As for finds, I have found mostly trash, some modern coins, a bent half dollar, a zippo lighter, and a couple bullets.

It's been a lot of fun so far and I'm glad I got into this hobby. Any advice is much appreciated and hopefully I can contribute to this forum too.

Luv863 

• Like 3

If you haven't found it already this page has TONS of good info

You've come to the right place,  this forum is full of nice helpful people. 

• 5 weeks later...