Nox Strikes Couple Rings And Coin - Gold Class Ring Returned To Owner Same Day As Found

Guest Tnsharpshooter

Let me guess -- that other ring in the photo is tungsten-carbide.  😢

I think recently (however you want to define that) they've been putting full names in class rings.  (Mine just has my initials, but it's merely sterling).  Hope you find the lucky (formerly unlucky) owner.  And if you can't I'm glad for you, too!

Guest Tnsharpshooter

Thanks folks.
The school listed on ring was small town school.  One I am familiar with, wife graduated from there.  Likely didn’t have over 45 graduates in class.

So I called the guidance counselor at high school.  Told her I had unusual request.  I wanted to know what last name of gal named Joyce was in 1997 class.  She told me they don’t keep records past 20 year point.  I said but you do have a graduate group picture on the wall in school don’t you?
She said yes.
Said she would go look and for me to call back in an hour.
I did call back.
Got Joyce’s last name.
She said she checked in office and said she lived in neighboring town and even had a Facebook account active with her maiden name.  The bonus was she even told me where she worked.
So I called her place of employment and left a message with a very courteous lady for Joyce to call me.  That I may have something that belongs to her.

Joyce did call me about half hour later.
I asked questions and she described ring to a tee.
Turns out Joyce has a twin sister.
Both sisters parents bought 2 rings actually especially made for their 2 daughters and had Birthstone put in both rings.  Identical rings excerpt for the first names engraved on both.
Turns outs Joyce’s ring was stolen from her home some 22 years ago.

And you know the rest of the story.
Her dad has passed, but her mom survives.
Hopefully this ring will put a smile on Joyce’s mother face too.
It sure did mine when I returned.

Cheers.