Hunting Soon In Southern Nevada

42 minutes ago, Lacky said:

I'd look to get the same size house (or smaller if you had kids get grown) at half the price,  but that's just me. Everyone can't be like me though or the economy would grind to a halt.

If it was just me I’d do the same and it would be on gold producing ground with detectable gold and as much land as I could swing. That’s not gonna happen, I wonder what my friends friend wants for his Opal mine? lol, something I could see regretting as it sounds epic just getting there. 

5 minutes ago, 1515Art said:

If it was just me I’d do the same and it would be on gold producing ground with detectable gold and as much land as I could swing. That’s not gonna happen, I wonder what my friends friend wants for his Opal mine? lol, something I could see regretting as it sounds epic just getting there. 

Yeah, my wife keeps the economy ticking along just fine too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Lacky said:

I'd look to get the same size house (or smaller if you had kids get grown) at half the price,  but that's just me. Everyone can't be like me though or the economy would grind to a halt.

I realized just how much my wife hates an empty space when we moved out of the house we were renting so my daughter could go to a better school, then into the smaller home  and the stuff we’ve given away, taken to good will (5 trailer loads) and the land fill although downsizing the home and studio contents for the move south is a big part, still stuff I don’t want to take with me. I brought so many loads of furniture and household stuff my last trip the intake attendant at good will hit me up for cash supposedly  the truck was full... not from my stuff it just happened to be full that day, cost me $20 (they are volunteers, not paid) to donate two almost new hydraulically operated garden recliners from Lowes. Volunteers, he said community service more likely I’d guess😒

reminds me I’ve 3 of those large Rubbermaid bins of tools I’ve collected over the years, large pipe cutters, hammers, some antique type carpenter drills, antique nail puller type stuff and all sorts of odds and ends. Really I’ve forgotten what in them except they have a variety I dig through whenever something comes up and I don’t have the tool I need. Might be a few things someone here on the forum might be able to use, or just a fun way to give it away here? I had a old 7 hp Troy tiller I gave a guy in Hollister on Craig’s list he’d had the same one and his engine blew, only thing I didn’t count on was the thousand other emails, texts and phone calls.

And Two ceramic kilns I’m giving them away too, although I’m still using one a couple more times for now, I have a 5x8 utility trailer I had built a long time ago I probably won’t have a place for. I’ll take some pictures and ask for suggestions, could all just be junk?

• Like 1

My God, why in the world are you getting rid of all that, then buying a bigger home, that needs even more filling up?

It might be time to go on a consumerism diet! Make deals. "If we get a smaller house and buy less stuff we could go on foriegn holidays every year with the money we save."

• Like 1

The way the real estate market is in Las Vegas I could get in trouble easy buying more home than I can afford to maintain and there’s so many choices its challenging keeping my eyes from being in control and bitting off more than I can swallow. I can only guess what reroofing or painting one of these places would cost and some of the water bills for landscaping in the middle of a desert have to be astronomical. No, we’re being reasonable but, ya... she’s gonna buy new furniture😳.

Fwiw it's mostly rock garden type yard in Vegas with a small to tiny grass area in part of the back yard from what I've seen.

• Like 1

Hard to believe almost an even trade for the little 1126 square foot place I sold in a planned unit development in Santa Clara, I’ve looked at places that range from exactly as you describe to something out of Miami Vice and am struggling to not do something I know I’ll regret. These places are all around or slightly under the million dollar range, the median price in the San Francisco Bay Area, None of them on my list just to expensive to maintain.

36 minutes ago, Lacky said:

Fwiw it's mostly rock garden type yard in Vegas with a small to tiny grass area in part of the back yard from what I've seen.

9211EC57-1FB3-45B8-844D-CD84F262046A.png

C83F8F47-3E78-48CD-8C22-E16BED9B856E.png

9E1BF5EC-BA74-4996-87D5-E7C510DE9D63.png

E7A912AC-27C4-419C-88EC-3A779F68DF07.png

93CB5C4F-B852-427F-86F9-174947B9B905.png

F228232C-A247-4C4C-938B-7784135DBE4C.png

8F8B6215-E25B-4FE5-B992-8FEEFCE5D536.png

2 hours ago, phrunt said:

Geez, you get a lot of house for your money there.  If you bought one of them you'd need staff to maintain it or you'd have to give up detecting.

See what I talking about it’d be easy to get in trouble.

Fred, believe  me I am, she swears on a stack of errr.., something very important culturally I'm sadly unfamiliar with "the last house I ever want to live in." 

nice,, but smaller... less expensive😁, simpler is the one she likes👍

• Like 2