Sign in to follow this  
1515Art

Hunting Soon In Southern Nevada

42 minutes ago, Lacky said:

I'd look to get the same size house (or smaller if you had kids get grown) at half the price,  but that's just me. Everyone can't be like me though or the economy would grind to a halt.

If it was just me I’d do the same and it would be on gold producing ground with detectable gold and as much land as I could swing. That’s not gonna happen, I wonder what my friends friend wants for his Opal mine? lol, something I could see regretting as it sounds epic just getting there. 

5 minutes ago, 1515Art said:

If it was just me I’d do the same and it would be on gold producing ground with detectable gold and as much land as I could swing. That’s not gonna happen, I wonder what my friends friend wants for his Opal mine? lol, something I could see regretting as it sounds epic just getting there. 

Yeah, my wife keeps the economy ticking along just fine too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Lacky said:

I'd look to get the same size house (or smaller if you had kids get grown) at half the price,  but that's just me. Everyone can't be like me though or the economy would grind to a halt.

I realized just how much my wife hates an empty space when we moved out of the house we were renting so my daughter could go to a better school, then into the smaller home  and the stuff we’ve given away, taken to good will (5 trailer loads) and the land fill although downsizing the home and studio contents for the move south is a big part, still stuff I don’t want to take with me. I brought so many loads of furniture and household stuff my last trip the intake attendant at good will hit me up for cash supposedly  the truck was full... not from my stuff it just happened to be full that day, cost me $20 (they are volunteers, not paid) to donate two almost new hydraulically operated garden recliners from Lowes. Volunteers, he said community service more likely I’d guess😒

reminds me I’ve 3 of those large Rubbermaid bins of tools I’ve collected over the years, large pipe cutters, hammers, some antique type carpenter drills, antique nail puller type stuff and all sorts of odds and ends. Really I’ve forgotten what in them except they have a variety I dig through whenever something comes up and I don’t have the tool I need. Might be a few things someone here on the forum might be able to use, or just a fun way to give it away here? I had a old 7 hp Troy tiller I gave a guy in Hollister on Craig’s list he’d had the same one and his engine blew, only thing I didn’t count on was the thousand other emails, texts and phone calls.

And Two ceramic kilns I’m giving them away too, although I’m still using one a couple more times for now, I have a 5x8 utility trailer I had built a long time ago I probably won’t have a place for. I’ll take some pictures and ask for suggestions, could all just be junk?

• Like 1

My God, why in the world are you getting rid of all that, then buying a bigger home, that needs even more filling up?

It might be time to go on a consumerism diet! Make deals. "If we get a smaller house and buy less stuff we could go on foriegn holidays every year with the money we save."

• Like 1

The way the real estate market is in Las Vegas I could get in trouble easy buying more home than I can afford to maintain and there’s so many choices its challenging keeping my eyes from being in control and bitting off more than I can swallow. I can only guess what reroofing or painting one of these places would cost and some of the water bills for landscaping in the middle of a desert have to be astronomical. No, we’re being reasonable but, ya... she’s gonna buy new furniture😳.

Fwiw it's mostly rock garden type yard in Vegas with a small to tiny grass area in part of the back yard from what I've seen.

• Like 1

Hard to believe almost an even trade for the little 1126 square foot place I sold in a planned unit development in Santa Clara, I’ve looked at places that range from exactly as you describe to something out of Miami Vice and am struggling to not do something I know I’ll regret. These places are all around or slightly under the million dollar range, the median price in the San Francisco Bay Area, None of them on my list just to expensive to maintain.

36 minutes ago, Lacky said:

Fwiw it's mostly rock garden type yard in Vegas with a small to tiny grass area in part of the back yard from what I've seen.

9211EC57-1FB3-45B8-844D-CD84F262046A.png

C83F8F47-3E78-48CD-8C22-E16BED9B856E.png

9E1BF5EC-BA74-4996-87D5-E7C510DE9D63.png

E7A912AC-27C4-419C-88EC-3A779F68DF07.png

93CB5C4F-B852-427F-86F9-174947B9B905.png

F228232C-A247-4C4C-938B-7784135DBE4C.png

8F8B6215-E25B-4FE5-B992-8FEEFCE5D536.png

Geez, you get a lot of house for your money there.  If you bought one of them you'd need staff to maintain it or you'd have to give up detecting.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phrunt said:

Geez, you get a lot of house for your money there.  If you bought one of them you'd need staff to maintain it or you'd have to give up detecting.

See what I talking about it’d be easy to get in trouble.

SIMPLIFY, Simplify, simplify....HDT.....

fred

• Haha 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By mn90403
      I began this Rye Patch trip on Thursday morning about 2 AM.  It was time to go meet Dig It and see how he was doing there.  This time it was a normal trip without the burning satellite re-entry I saw on one trip before.  I was treated with a full moon on my way up 395, 6, 95 and I80.
      We met up without a problem and I headed out to places where I wanted to look and some places where I had found nuggets in the past.  I'd say at least half of my trips to Rye Patch get me on a nugget and the other half don't.  This is my first trip up here since Australia so I'm wondering what I gained from all that swinging.  Anyway, it was good to meet up with Ken, have a chat about his escapades and try to help him understand what little I know about Rye Patch.
      We parted and I expected to see him again the next day.  I have a bit of an open schedule and he warned me that it was going to be warmer than we planned.  I went on to near the burn barrel and spent one of those glorious nights of sleep I get after doing an all nighter.  I had no sleep the previous night and I can stretch out in the 4Runner and enjoy a night of no city or neighbor noise!  Planes are constantly landing at LAX and if they are from Asia they fly over Santa Monica.  No planes at Rye Patch.  haha
      I went to bed at dark, watching the sunset out the front and watching the moon rise in the back!  I captured the sunrise the next morning.

Rye Patch is full.  I've been here many times when all of that area was dry.  It was a nice, clear, cool morning.  Time to get going.
      I headed in a direction to take advantage of the morning.

Before I got to my spot I had my first target of the day.

I dug around and in the early light with my sunglasses on and dirt on the target I thought it was lead.  There's lots of trash in the area as I found out later.  I looked and looked and finally gave it a mouth wash and I saw the color!  Yeeee haaaa ... a nice nugget.

I've cleaned it up by soaking it in vinegar.  I don't know the weight yet.  I'll edit this post when I find out.  I think it is my best Rye Patch nugget. 

Lucky Friday the 13th full moon nugget.  I gridded that area for half the day and only found trash.  I don't think I would have that nugget now if it had been in the reverse order.  I found the clue early and gridded.  If I would have found trash, trash, trash without a clue I probably would have moved on.  I discovered a couple of things while looking for more in that area but they will be put into another post.
      It is my only nugget of the 3 days so far but I'm seeing some new to me patches.  More travel tomorrow while the temperature is up.
      Mitchel
    • By NV AU Hunter
      New to group here and just got a GPX-5000 and spent a few hours yesterday playing with different settings and breaking it in at the Rye Patch. Any suggestions on best settings for Rye Patch ( I used Sen Extra w/ 11" mono, slow and quiet with gain of 12, know of any other areas closer to Reno to nugget hunt then Rye Patch? I tried Gold Canyon in Dayton NV today but that place was filled with trash (I was mainly in the lower section).
    • By Gerry in Idaho
      There are quite a few newer folks on the forums and some are about to purchase a gold detector.  I want to give you an update.
      My Field Staff Experts and I will be offering our 1st of 2019 season a 3 Day Field Training on Gold Detectors, Friday April 12th - Sunday 14th.  I was just notified a couple can not make it and one other from back east won't either.  This means I have 3 openings right now.
      Any customer who purchases a gold detector from me of $2500+ can take the class for free.   With the GPZ-7000 promo going on right now and you getting the additional 19" coil (valued at $1500).  Purchase one of these from me...ATX Deep Seeker, GPX-4500, GPX-5000, SDC-2300 or GPZ-7000 and you get a variety of classes to choose from.  Yes I also offer a 15% Military discount on Minelabs.
      How good is our training?  Just ask the folks who have taken the class (some of them are on this forum).
      Please do not think you are going on a gold hunt.  Our training is for Educating you on the proper use of your detector.  Each of my staff members and I will be plugging in our headphones into a splitter with your phones and into your detector while teaching you the sounds to walk away from and the ones to investigate.  We'll be explaining how to tell ground noise from a genuine target doing the details over and over.  Each of us say the same thing, but in different words/tones, so after 3 days of instruction, you actually start to understand.  From past experiences, the most gold is usually found on the last day, as you are starting to put everything together.  We teach much more with the detectors, their technologies but I won't go into detail.
      Contact me direct with any questions.

• By GB_Amateur
      Got a tip from a friend on some BLM land that has produced gold in the past.  I spent 4 1/2 days (30 hours of detecting) while camping out there.  Weather was quite good -- only rained intermittantly for part of one day; typical temps were 70's F daytime and 40's F nighttime.  Got lucky to have had recent rains which brought out the flowers:

I always try and learn as much as I can while MD'ing, regardless of the site/location and intended finds.  I was hunting with the Minelab Equinox 800 with 6 inch coil in Gold 1 mode, White's Prostar headphones coupled to the WM08 wireless receiver.  It was nice to get away from the EMI I typically deal with at home (coin hunting).  However, the hot rocks more than made up for that!  At the start of each day I adjusted my settings, taking advantage of what I had used previously but also trying to keep an open mind as to what would run the quietest.  Over the 4+ days I tried gains (sensitivites) between 16 and 23, ran all metal or disked out just {-9,-8, -7}, notched in only {-2,-1,0,1,2}, tried all recovery speeds in {4,5,6,7}.  I Ground Grabbed most of the time but did try tracking, which didn't seem to make any improvement at this particular site.  The ground phase was locally pretty stable, only varying by about 1 or 2 typically.
      Regardless of settings there was always at least of bit of noise from hot rocks to put up with.  Surprisingly sometimes the hot rocks ID'ed at 12.  As if the Equinox needed one more object to read that value....  The biggest false signal I had to deal with was wet ground.  This wasn't surface moisture but rather at about 2 inches and deeper.  The ID's read right in the small gold range {+1,+2} and sounded pretty clean, although they weren't quite a sharp as the real thing.  However, for me anyway, close enough to not ignore.
      Pictured below is my 'haul'.  I actually found one more piece but lost it somehow in the process of putting it into the collection bottle.  One more lesson learned.  Bottom line is that I quadrupled my lifetime count but still haven't made it to my first gram.  All read +1 TID and all were within 2 inches of the surface.  One was in the grass, lying on the surface of the ground.  I'm certainly appreciative of the lead I got to this location.  Wish I didn't live 2400 miles away from it.

• By zortan
      Hello all,
      First time poster but long time lurker.
      I'm curious if anyone can help me locate coarse gold canyon in the rabbit hole district.  There are several mentions of this area but no area to find it and I haven't had any luck with any of my research materials or a google search.  Could anyone help?

Thank you!
    • By Cal_Cobra
      Driving to Vegas from NorCal for a company conference and taking a few extra days to fit in some detecting to and fro ?
      Nox and MMK loaded, along with 6" & 15" Nox coils, and the 7" concentric MMK coil, lots of iron patches to try, some other areas more sparse with targets, yet great finds have been made in those fields, so hopefully the EQ800 with the 15" coil will light that field back up (Tom bagged a gold coin from it and I've dug a key couple of date seateds).  
      Some other areas I want to try, including an area I suspect may have been a wagon gathering campsite, the 15" coil will come in handy for zig zagging through this area to see if there's any signs of past life to confirm my wagon campsite theory.  Another area we detected in the past where I dug a super deep piece of indian trade silver, the type you see more of back east.  It was super deep, and the silver was heavily tarnished and kind of crinkled up.  I thought it was a junk metal tag from something modern, and it wasn't until I got it home and was cleaning my finds that I figured out the treasure I'd dug.  Tom and I detected that site again and didn't find much, so he wrote it off, and I have to agree it's not promising, but given how deep this big trade silver piece was, I think the 15" Nox coil might light up something our 11" coils missed (Exp2, F75 and Racer2), it's a long shot.
      It's always fun to hit your old sites with your new machines, each one brings something different to the table,  finding stuff your other machines didn't for whatever reason.