Loving The Zed

Great work! Keep us posted.

Did the plastic break on the fine toothed comb?

It was very surprising how much the 5k leaves in the ground, particularly certain types of targets and certain soil types that mask the gold signal.

I got a 1oz piece right smack in the middle of a storm gutter that both Tremain and I grided multiple times with 14in, 20in and 25in coils and it was only 6m away from where I got another oz piece last time we were there.

We know we both walked right over it multiple times, then I got 3 smaller bits right next to my old 1oz hole  :blink:    

Yeah, Dale, the Z is a gold magnet no doubt. Try upping the sensitivity full bore and cutting down the threshold to a "comfy" level "Bongenes". Tis magic but not the complete all purpose setting. Off to Lizard Ck next week, see if oh what a feeling can make it, that`s got my heart pumping.

• Like 1

G'day Vic

Bogene's settings are not for me.

I have my own ideas, I care not about chattery emi noise or a fair bit of ground noise, in fact I like a fair bit of ground noise to tell me whats going on with mineralization under the coil I set mine for deep and small target sensitivity.

I like a lot of noise coming back at me, most could not tolerate their detector as noisy as I run mine.

But noise is like music to my ears, my gain has hardly ever had to go below 20.

You'll hear how noisy it is in the vid.

I've found that understanding the Ground Balance is critical with the Zed.

I have found that fixed is very useful when you know when and how to best apply it.

I've found that the most important thing in all metal-detecting is swing speed/hand eye to ear co-ordination.

Most operators never fully master this skill.

Once you truly master this skill ground noise or emi doesn't bother you much any more, even if its louder than the target response as the target noise frequency is greatly different to the emi or ground noise to a trained ear, and the target response frequency is directly relative to your swing speed.

The swing speed can be varied greatly and used to ID a target from a strong concentrated ground noise. 

• Like 4

Here are my best 3 pieces from the last mission

32.3g, 42.3g and 47g

post-647-0-49994600-1435154671_thumb.jpg

Where are the big piece's?

Sorry about the shizen houzen photography skill's!

• Like 3

My take....... to a certain degree hand eye speed reactivity is important, but as we age, go deaf, blind and lose mobility we evolve with some fox like cunning to help offset these senses. I am finding a sort of faith tied with patience and confidence (read stubbornness) in developed skills can have in this "game" is producing in areas that have been "flogged" as well as new areas, with a lot of assistance from the Zed of cause, You`ve just got to love your Zed and your environment, the Goddess of Gold will come across then. Old saying passed down over the ages "You can spend all year making a days wages or a day making a years wage" and to borrow from the fishos " A bad day prospecting beats a good day at the coal face all the time"

Gold Hounds Vids keep that blood pumping.

• Like 1