Why Is Everyone Wanting To Jackup The Voltage On Some White’s

I agree Jim. As much as I respect Whites and Steve Howard, those replies just do not match what we know about the TDI circuitry. The battery holder excuse being used by multiple detectors using 12V or less is a real beauty. They could easily use the same plastic housing, design the insides to fit four 3.7V 18650 batteries, put a plaid, striped or neon pink label on it that says TDI SL 14.8v and call it good. It would make their customers extremely happy............  How much more would that cost and how much better the TDI SL, their sales and White's reputation would be????? Instead, we have to do it ourselves. I just don't get it!!!!!!!!

Jeff

• Like 2

I recently unearthed a large 18K gold ring with a substantial / quality diamond embedded into it. My TDIBH with the 14.8v battery pack just managed a tiny break in the super smooth threshold to let me know something’s there..........the ring was lodged in the limestone layer of an old beach at an exact depth of 19”. The stock 12v battery pack will get this ring at about 16”. The ring is appraised at $7500 and would probably fetch about $4000 if sold.........enough to buy 3 TDIBH’s should my unit blow up on me. I estimate that I have over 500 hours run time on my detector with the 14.8v pack 👌

• Like 2

Hey Tony, congrats on a great find! Love hearing those stories on the deep finds with the TDI's, and Beach Hunter versions.

Jim

• Like 1

My buddy, Dave, and I are headed to the Winnemucca area Friday. First chance to use the modified SL for gold. Also taking the GM24K, and Dave will be using his Equinox 800. I've done a lot of research on the area since our June trip, and hopefully it will pay off with more gold. We may stay a couple of weeks, depending on the weather.

Jim

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Jim in Idaho said:

Hey Tony, congrats on a great find! Love hearing those stories on the deep finds with the TDI's, and Beach Hunter versions.

Jim

Thanks Jim.........probably my most satisfying find ever.

Nearly walked away from it too.......😳

• Like 2

23 hours ago, pinpointa said:

Well done Tony. Excellent find. Keep it up.

And I have you to thank for getting me into this great hobby......especially the water and PI machines..........😀

I hope you are keeping fit and well !
Regards

Tony

Finished my battery pack mod today and got to test it along side the Whites stock NiMH rechargeable pack.

This test was done with targets in the ground. 1 foot long 2" diameter PVC pipe buried vertically with a 1 foot long 1 1/2" PVC insert. Inside the 1 1/2" insert is a removable styrofoam tube with slots at 1" increments cut into it that can hold coin sized targets. Ground around it is 4 to 5 bar Fe3O4 (F19 reading) dirt that reads -2 to +3 ground balance on my Equinox.

TDI SL with ground balance on 7, gain 8, pulse delay 10, frequency 12 o'clock, conductivity low 

Clear 2 way tone (not just threshold waver)

Nugget Finder Sadie 8X6"

11.8V stock NiMH battery            14.8V four Panasonic 18650B  3.7V Li Ion rechargeable batteries

.25 gram flat lead                         2"                                             3"                                   

.5 gram flat lead                           3"                                             4"                                                    

.75 gram flat lead                        4"                                              5"                                                   

Nickel 4.8 grams                        9"                                            10"                                                 

Miner John folded mono 12X8" with the same settings                                Nugget Finder Advantage 17X11"

11.8V NiMH                                14.8V Li Ion                                         14.8V Li Ion

.25 gram lead                     1"                                               2"                                                         2"

.5 gram lead                        2"                                              3"                                                         3.5"

.75 gram lead                     3"                                               4"                                                         5"

Nickel 4.8 grams              9"                                              12"                                                      13.5"

Jeff

• Like 5

That is some seriously good results with the extra voltage and consistent with my results on the beach 👍

• 8 months later...
On 10/27/2019 at 5:13 PM, garikfox said:

Hello everyone, I emailed whites about the voltage on the TDI SL. I asked if it was okay to use Energizer Ultimate Lithiums for a voltage of 14.48v. Here's what he said below.

tdivolt.thumb.jpg.552f792128adadcd2798943c1ee151a5.jpg

How are you getting 14.48 v from eight  1.5 AA lithiums?