Maybe that rough surf sucked the competition out to sea? I hit a tidal river up this way and the current is so strong in a rip you lose your footing just ankle deep! You might have to play the tide charts there to get out a bit more.

Nice finds!

• Like 1

Very nice! Thanks for the post.  It's always enjoyable to read a ring find story.

Thanks fellas... Kac I need to hit the Beach this winter after a storm serious beach erosion and washes away all the bottle caps leaving the heavy stuff... heading out tomorrow  to an island...have not been out in my boat for a long time..will report back 

strick

• Like 1

4 hours ago, strick said:

Thanks fellas... Kac I need to hit the Beach this winter after a storm serious beach erosion and washes away all the bottle caps leaving the heavy stuff... heading out tomorrow  to an island...have not been out in my boat for a long time..will report back 

strick

Smooth sailing, good luck on the island.

• Like 1

My take is, "Hey...nice gold!"

Thanks for sharing.

Mike

• Like 1

On 8/30/2019 at 5:16 PM, strick said:

The wife even turned it down :biggrin: 

Now that's the ultimate jewelry discriminator!

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Gerry in Idaho
      I'll let the nice email they sent me say it:
      "My wife and 2 daughters thought it would be nice to escape Los Angeles for a fall weekend vacation to Boise. During our visit we were playing in some leaves at a park when my wife noticed that she was missing her deceased mother's class ring which she holds very dear to her. While she hopelessly sifted through a sea of leaves, I immediately got online to see what my options were to get help on locating her ring knowing how much it meant to my wife. Gerry was very responsive to my call and email on a Saturday evening and did a fantastic job of explaining the process of recovery the ring. We agreed to meet at the park on Sunday morning with tempered hopes of locating the ring. Gerry was very friendly with myself, my wife and daughters while he searched for the ring with his metal detector. Within 20-30 minutes of searching in a leaves, he was able to locate the ring. My wife was ecstatic!! I can't thank and recommend Gerry enough considering he turned a stressful family event into a pleasant experience and demonstrated care, professionalism, urgency and integrity throughout the entire process."

Thanks Again, Neil

• By mn90403
      I'm getting ready for another gold nugget trip.  I've been told where we are going to bring a VLF for all the bedrock.  That is a style of detecting nuggets I don't normally do so I thought I would need practice with the 6" coil.  I live in Santa Monica so where am I going to 'practice?'  The beach of course.
      Waves have been very small for a week or more.  I went out a couple of days ago with the 11" coil and got so few targets in the tide zone I detected back to my car in the dry sand.  I prefer wetter detecting.  That is what I did with the 6" coil for about an hour and a half.  There still weren't many targets but I was going to dig everything I heard.  It is a little weird going out there with such a little coil but I did it when I first got the 6" coil and I got 4 cheap rings that day but the conditions were better because of the waves.
      This afternoon I used Beach 2/F2 4/25 sensitivity/5 or 6 speed.  I had just reduced to 5 (for the ring) when I got a slight negative target but it was repeatable.  I turn up the negative sound so I can hear it and see it.  I dug a bit and the sound was solid.  It took several scoops and it was still in the wet sand hole.  I was not fighting the waves but the hole was filling with water.  My scoop is 6" and I was now down a full scoop and the number came in at a solid 10!  Its been a long time with any of my coils for that sound.
      It came out of the hole and I swung over the pile and it was still 10 so I was hopeful.  I might have hit it with the scoop.  When I shook the wet sand away I saw it.  It looked good now and it sounded good so ... please don't be a cheap ring ... haha  There were lots of people about and I didn't want to answer questions so I put it in my pouch and hunted for another hour after I found it.
      It's a 14k Lee that is .1 oz (2.7g) with 5 little diamonds.  It seems I'll have to use the 6" coil on the beach more often.

• By 57buick
      Wasn't sure where to post this but since it is modeled after my Equinox coil I'm posting here. Just got this keycahin made by "Coin RIngs by Sully" a one ounce silver dollar punched out like a standard equinox 11" coil. He also makes all kinds of jewelry like rings and pendants from coins. You should check him out

• By schoolofhardNox
      Well I made it to the coast on Friday on the last day of the storms in my area. Winds were 22 MPH and the waves were huge. How those guys could para surf is beyond me. I found a fair amount of very green clad and wheat pennies. Got one Buffalo nickel too. I was not able to get to the low part of the beach since the low tide was not very low, and the surges were very unpredictable. I used the Equinox exclusively and got hammer many times by those rouge waves 😄 The GPX stayed dry in the car! Even though I know the gold was out of range, I still got a decent amount of silver and an earring that may have a gold post, if you can count that as gold 🤔 Was a fun day out and I made sure I had glasses on all day. I did not need my eyeballs dried out and sand blasted.

• By ColonelDan
      In my signature, I wrote that our challenge is : Big Beach, Little Coil, Tiny Targets.

Just as an amusing exercise, I thought I'd see what that looks like in terms of square inches.

1 square mile of beach = 4,014,490,000 square inches

Standard 11 inch coil = 95 square inches

a good target = 1 square inch...maybe

Given that reality, I think it's amazing we find what we do! Of course you can reduce that beach area with careful beach reading skills but you get the point!
      Big Beach, Little Coil, Tiny Targets.😁
    • By Nuke em
      On Monday morning i went to my best beaches early in the morning , the tide was in but going out and the tides are short at the moment . I didn't expect much .
      I started to detect and found a few coins here and there , it was enough just to wet my appetite so i kept going . I got to a groin and entered the next beach which i knew would be a lot quieter , i found a few coins and then with my ET i got a target reading 12  19 . I am always suspicious of that number and this time proved why . I dug down and out popped a nice 18 k 5.9 g Gold Signet ring , by this time the tide was showing that the beaches had scuffed out quite a bit . So i searched below the cut and down to the waters edge , i carried on till i reached 2 wooden groins and after that turned round and started back . At that point i found a Silver ring and after talking to a person who saw me and talking about detecting i carried on . Then i saw another Detectorist and we talked for a while . When we parted i found another thin Silver ring and not long after that a bit of Silver from what might be a Chain . Further along i found another Silver Signet ring then a heart shaped locket which broke when i tried to open it . 
      When i reached the area i started i stopped and went to the Bank to pay in my last Months finds then got the Bus home . I stayed on the beach for 4 and a half hours and found the Gold ring , 3 Silver rings , the bit of chain pendent , the Locket and 95 Euro Cents , 2 small other foreign coins and £35.17 p in change which i have cleaned and will Bank next Month.
      My next hunt will be next Tuesday morning or Friday next week . 
      I might take the Nox but that depends on the conditions and the weather . I get so much more from the target info on the ET and it is easier . But if the beach in the right state i will take the Nox and give V 2 a go .