Newby From California

History Surfer

Ola Amigos!
Just wanted to introduce my self.  

I'm a surfer who usually MD in the summer because the waves go flat where I live in Santa Barbara.

This summer I got an Equinox 800 and have been pretty stoked using around town and on the beaches.

I've found some cool stuff.  The oldest coin is a 1890 Indian head penny in a vacant lot downtown Santa Barbara.

And a nice vintage silver ring missing the center diamond but has two diamonds on each of the sides. 

Anyways I never see anyone MD in Santa Barbara and just wanted to say Hi!

Thanks

History Surfer

il_fullxfull.228362617.jpg

• Like 6

Welcome History Surfer from SoCal. Paddled into few myself. When I was in the line up, I would see the older guys (dudes, lol!) on the sand MDing. Back then I thought to myself, when I get old and can no longer surf, I’m going to try metal detecting. Boy did old come fast! Lol!

May you find the gold and the “Green Room” many times over. Good luck!

• Like 4

I would think Santa Barbara would have a lot of sensitive historical sites you would have to watch out for when out when hunting.  Those pesky mission dudes and Indian sites are heavy around there.  Good Luck!, and welcome.  GaryC/Oregon Coast

Nice to see a surfer convert over..your knowledge of the tides and surf will help no doubt... wishing you many treasures.... just show us and all is good!

strick

• Like 1

Welcome History Surfer, wish I had been M.D. beaches when I lived in Hermosa Beach.....

• Like 1