We Have Winners Another Contest + Something Similar

I would appreciate being included. I could use that!

Jim

7 hours ago, phrunt said:

It's probably an easy fix, a bad contact to the control board from age, a bad solder joint or something.... I doubt it's a major problem.  Just follow the wires to the control board and reflow their solder at both ends.  A fun project for someone.  You're too kind adding a coin to an already free gift 😉

By the way my post here isn't to add me to the list 🙂 I could buy a house cheaper than shipping that sucker from the USA :laugh:

you’re right, I took the bottom cover off and wiggled the wires and returned function for switching modes PV/SV except PV (present value)  is just displaying a negative number suggesting a poor connection to the thermocouple, the thermocouple could be bad as they burn out but this hasn't  been fired enough for that so I think you hit it right on the money.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

3 more days to enter if you want the little kiln and the Morgan silver dollar. 

An update I put my digital temp probe I use for ceramics into the crucible with some high temp fiber to hold the heat in and set the temperature at a couple different points. The good news is the kiln easily reached 2057 F even with the lid up and the make-shift cover, bad news is the controller is constantly on so it needs to be manually controlled and the temperature monitored separately, I shut it off at 2057 F to prevent over-firing so you’d need to figure out what’s wrong the controller (my multi meter is packed up), fire by color or use an external probe to monitor temperature.

i was watching some tube videos an this is kind of cool they call this a coffee pot style because after melting the metal you can flip up the lid with your thumb and holding the kiln by the handle with the crucible in place pour the gold like it was a coffee pot.

96B0022C-F766-4255-B508-680E717E741A.thumb.jpeg.751b79e9af02a425d2a02f009b7fdd9d.jpeg

• Like 1

Gold's melting point is at about 1,943 degrees Fahrenheit (1064 °C) The eutectic point varies with alloys 18-karat gold has a melting point of 1,700 degrees Fahrenheit (926 degrees Celsius) and 14-karat gold has a melting point of 1,615 degrees Fahrenheit (879 degrees Celsius).  I am sure those that have entered your draw, will be waiting with 🤞

• Like 1