Monday Funday With Fors

Hello,.

Just got back from my mini vacation to Tahoe. Had 1 day left before work again and it wasn't too hot. Only in 90's. So figured better get out before our coming heat wave. Went to my cousins property, where we have found some nice gold in the past. And there is no hobos and garbage for once. Just bears. Manzanita berries are ripe and the bears come down to lay around and fill up. I can deal with bears. We have detected there in the past with our gb pros and have grided the place pretty well. But I wanted to try Fors Gold on this ground. And my partner wanted to try her gpx with camo coiltek coil. The ground is one of the worst mineralization around here. It is a contact zone with 3 bedrock types. Most the gold was created in clay seams and is shallow. The old timers had dug shallow seams and some very deep pocket concentrations up to about 15 feet aswell. The biggest gold we found in the past was 1.7 oz with gb pros. So I set my Fors up in boost mode 85 sens for start. Was able to find a nice 1.4 dwt piece of gold right off. Where we allready detected with past detectors. Then another smaller one after another 1/2 hour. Then after a few more deeper leads found a good target mixed in with iron junk. Ended up getting another 1.1 dwt piece and a small one out of same hole. Both dwt pieces were at the 7" mark. All together ended with 2.8 dwt.

Fors gold did very well finding more targets

In previously detected ground. My partner did very well with her gpx also finding 6 more pieces.

Good luck!

post-764-0-31737400-1435030960_thumb.jpg

post-764-0-81741300-1435031005_thumb.jpg

post-764-0-03943400-1435031051_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

Nice job... U said u were going home to catch up and I'll be damned if u didn't blow right by me.lol lol lol ... What were the readings on those dwt pieces??? Just curious... Trying to get the readings in check..

Hey. dc.man Had to leave tahoe early to get caught up. Lol well you will definitely do alot more then me this summer. Alot of the good places I go are private and the owners dont really want us to be out there swinging picks around starting fires so we dont get to do alot during summer. You are off to a great start in a short time, so your bound to do very well. In detecting you either got it or you dont, at being consistent. And seems you definitely are being consistent.

The target id's for gold that is around a dwt depend on alot of factors. Shape, density, impurities, position in the ground, etc. But most of the time if a piece around a dwt is in good range of the fors gold. The target id would be in the mid 50's. It will jump around a little. Maybe 54, then 58, then 56. Each swing. The pieces I found were 1.4 dwt and 1.1 dwt

Good luck

• Like 1

CG... I'm doing ok but just not finding the big pieces and I think it's due to me not understanding my machine totally.... Ur doing excellent I'm going out alittle later when it cools down some...found a place that's been screaming my name and today IM answering...lol lol

Youll find some bigger pieces. Just keep detecting. Most of the time alot of the gold that detectorist find is below a dwt. Bread and butter stuff. Then one day you will dig a signal that you swear is a big screaming junk target. And it will turn out to be a lunker. Just keep digging everything that sounds off above 40 target id. When you hit an ouncer it will most of time hit in 70-80's depends on a few factors. I havent dug an ouncer with fors yet. Just a 3/4 specimen. But I dug many before that I figured it was going to be a junk target like a large black powder ball. The big ones always surprise you.

Good luck

• Like 1