XP Orx With X35 Coil Bundle

Jeff McClendon

Since early August, XP have started selling the ORX with the 9" and 11" X35 coils as a stock option for less than $700. The package deal comes with the wired back headphones. Some online dealers that have these in stock are selling this bundle for substantially less than the lowest advertised price or adding in incentives if you ask. Personally, I never enjoyed using the ORX wireless back phones. I have a really big head and those headphones hurt enough to distract me after about 45 minutes no matter what I did. If you are looking at an ORX and the great all purpose frequencies provided on the X35 coils now would be a good time to investigate these deals.

Jeff

• Like 4

Jeff  

Sales must be down on the ORX for them to offer a big package like that..

It’s lots of things I wish the ORX had but I got it for lack of weight and on that alone I’ll live with the rest.

Chuck 

• Like 1

Hi Chuck,

I don't know about sales. I think the whole XP line of detectors have been way overpriced at least here in the USA and the soon to be released Vanquish and the Equinox series have certainly cut into the multi frequency/all terrain VLF market.

Like many have said, for certain detecting scenarios like relics in iron trash and relics in general, the Deus and Orx are fantastic. In heavy aluminum trashy parks it is not a lot of fun however, where numerical target ID is important since that is the weakest aspect of the Deus and Orx. Its pretty good for gold prospecting and like you said, the lightweight sure gives my wrist a welcome change from my heavier detectors. It sure is easy to backpack it too. I'm still really struggling with my dislike for the audio on the ORX and Deus. I just don't like to listen to really scratchy audio for hours on end. In areas where there aren't many trash targets I am okay with it. After listening to dozens to hundreds of buzzy, scratchy tones, a good target does sound fantastic. 

Jeff

• Like 1

Jeff  

I’d have to say you covered it all .

True True True  

After the Vanquish and Simplex it’s the market with more at less price we may see others bite the dust .

Chuck 

• Like 1

I just traded for an ORX. I do have the EQ600 but the ORX is tough not to like due to the weight and ease of use.

Also had a nice find the first time out with it.

half 2 1740.jpg

half 1740 .jpg

• Like 3

FWest

I too find the ORX easy to use but I do love the weightlessness . Glad to see it paid off for you already.

The Best To You on your ORX In the coming days.

Chuck 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I have the ORX but really haven’t used it much. After reading your posts I’m inspired to take it out to the beach and see what it can do. Good luck guys!

• Like 1