Whites TDI Pulsescan

So there is a used Whites TDI pulsescan detector in my area for sale for $675.  It is not an SL so im guessing its an older version.  Is there any benefits to owning this detector along with a GPX4800?  The price seems good and its close by.  Ive also thought i heard that the older TDI were more powerful.  I also believe it can use most GPX coils correct?  

I dont really need it but it seems like a great price for a PI detector.  

• Like 1

A guy in central Nevada has been trying to sell an SL model for a month or more. He wants $500 for it.

JIm

47 minutes ago, PG-Prospecting said:

So there is a used Whites TDI pulsescan detector in my area for sale for $675.  It is not an SL so im guessing its an older version.  Is there any benefits to owning this detector along with a GPX4800?  The price seems good and its close by.  Ive also thought i heard that the older TDI were more powerful.  I also believe it can use most GPX coils correct?

That's a decent price for the original model.  (TDI Pro was the newer continuation of the "big box" models and it seems to be highly prized if Ebay prices realized are any indication.)  The -SL and -SPP are lighter.  Part of that is that they run on standard batteries, but as a result their voltage (and resulting sensitivity) is lower than the big box unless you DIY battery mod (see active thread).

Someone else than I can better answer your question about overlap with GPX-4800.  Yes, pretty sure mono coils that work on GPX's also work on all TDI's.  However that's not true for all GPX compatible DD coils.  Apparently it's a trial-and-error fit.

38 minutes ago, Jim in Idaho said:

A guy in central Nevada has been trying to sell an SL model for a month or more. He wants $500 for it.

That is a good buy based upon Ebay prices realized, assuming it's in full working order, with coil.

Most all the coils designed for the ML GP, GPX series of detectors will work well on the TDI. Before you buy you should try to find out if the detector has been modified with some of Reg Sniff's design changes. If so the stock TDI dual field and other dual field coils may not run properly. I have a "quiet run" and "small gold sensitivity increase" mods in both my TDI's and the dual field coils no longer run properly with them. I believe it is the small gold sensitivity mod that caused the dual field coils to no longer run properly. In my opinion the asking price for an unmodified "original" TDI is about right.

Mike

• Like 1

I own a TDI Pro in stock mode without any modifications,dont plan on changing anything anyway,about 70% of the coils that i own and use on the TDI Pro are GPX ones upto 18'' dia,the largest that i use on the TDI is the 20'' Mone that was made for and marketed by Jimmy Sierra before he lost his Whites dealership.

Mine is not use for nugget hunting as the bottom line is we dont have them here in the UK,but mine is solely used for deep artefacts/hoards.In my personal opinion a very underrated Pulse,not saying its perfect but does everything that i want from a Pulse detector.

• Like 1