Bundle The Notch Not A Good Thing

Hey Chase

I’m a old dog but I still like to learn from others like you that know more than I’ll ever know. 

I’ve been detecting for a very long time but it never cared what made my detector work are how.

If I could I’d step back in time to 92 when my Eagle 2 was new but at the same time reach into the future. Today is my future from 92 and it’s so many things we have now I’d add to my Eagle.

One thing the Eagle 2 had that I liked so much was the reject button. If you had it with digging the same thing over again just hit that button and swing the coil over it. Then like magic it was gone . You did need to remember to hit that button again because if not it would delete everything.

Maybe you know if any of white’s detectors still do that ?

Chase this time in my life I post more so to learn not educate .

Chuck 

18 minutes ago, Ridge Runner said:

One thing the Eagle 2 had that I liked so much was the reject button. If you had it with digging the same thing over again just hit that button and swing the coil over it. Then like magic it was gone . You did need to remember to hit that button again because if not it would delete everything.

Not a Whites detector, but you can do that exact thing with the Equinox.

Chase

You have got me on this one because I had the Nox 800 and I’ve got to be getting old because I never seen a button on the face that said reject .

Now if you’re talking about a number relating to a certain target and deleting it then okay.

If this is it ? Then this is what I’ve been saying all this time that I like.

Have we come full circle?

Chuck 

2 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

You have got me on this one because I had the Nox 800 and I’ve got to be getting old because I never seen a button on the face that said reject .

The button doesn't "say" reject on the label but that is what it is called and does.  I don't know about you getting old, Chuck, but perhaps you didn't own it long enough to learn it?

Regarding full circle, dunno what you mean by that because like I said earlier, notch is not a feature I use much so can take it or leave it, single number or bundled it makes no diff to me one way or the other.  Discrimination, on the other hand, well...starting that discussion up again I guess would mean we are going around in circles....and you are frankly wearing me out discussing basic metal detector features, so I must be the one getting old.

Screenshot_20190907-231641_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

I’ve done lots of times on my 800 on what you circled. 

On my first post this is what I said I like to do . Call it what you wish but it still comes down to blocking out deleting out are discriminating out a number. ID number is still a number and I still like removing it anyway I can one number at a time.

Chase have a good evening. It’s 11:15 PM here and I need my beauty rest .

The Best To You  

Chuck

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

8 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

I’ve done lots of times on my 800 on what you circled. 

Lol, Chuck, you wear me out.  Yes your self contradictions tend to cause the threads to run in circles. Enjoy blocking out your numbers.  Cheers and out. :rolleyes:.

I like to Notch.  I like to do it to help me focus on what I'm looking for.   

I wish the Gold Kruzer had notch ability.   A 4 TID number is always paper foil.   I'd like to get rid of that number.  I'd also like to disc out everything above a nickel so I don't have to hear it.

I wasn't being mean about your post Ridge Runner.  Just trying to understand how to visit about notches.

I'm a notch fan no matter how you define it.

HH
Mike

• Like 1

Mike

Well taken . It’s not one person on here that likes everything the same as another. 

What you like and others like is why I started this post. The funny thing say what floats your boat in a detector and mine too Maybe the next guy says then two has fallen off the turnip truck .

Back when if you wanted know what your detector detected you had to dig it . I know I found more rings and lots other items but I knew I didn’t miss much.

With the detectors we have now and with age trying to catch up with me I’ve gotten lazy. I like to pick and choose of what I want to detect.

Remember too we have to leave something behind for the young guns so they don’t get disappointed and give up detecting .

Chuck