Sign in to follow this  
mn90403

Detectorpro Detectors

DetectorPro, the headphone company also makes detectors!  That is news to me.  I saw a guy in the dry sand with one of these waterproof detectors the other day.

https://detectorpro.com/headhunter-12-underwater-metal-detector/

I kept looking and chatting with him and there was no control module on his belt or on the shaft!  I looked at the waterproof headphones and there are extra knobs.  Imagine that, a headphone company puts the detector module in the headphones.

Ok, I probably missed when these came out and the other models.

How do they do?  Who has given a review?

https://detectorpro.com/all-metal-detectors-2/

Mitchel

• Like 1

Interesting, 2.4Khz operating frequency, also comes stock with what looks to be a Nel Tornado coil.

Is that really low frequency there to operate well in salt water?

Detector pro has been making detectors for some time, The company changed hands awhile back and location went from Mass. to N.J.
Excellent headphones ! Especially the Black Widows.
I have had repairs done by both the original owner and the takeover, well pleased with service both times.

• Like 1

i thin k they started like 20+ years????had a PI from them never had the time to use it

RR

• Like 1

Wonder why such a low frequency?

I really like the idea of the guts of the detector in the headphones only and no box on the shaft. Curious how they perform.

Yes Mitchel, you managed to miss these for like 20 years! :smile:

The DetectorPro VLF is a licensed version of the Fisher 1280X 2.4 kHz VF (Voice Frequency) circuit. Very old design, one of the oldest models still in production. VLF ends at 3 kHz so this is lower than that. The White’s V3i can also be run at 2.5 kHz.

Why? Good sensitivity to silver, low reactivity to salt water. Not hot on gold but does well enough on rings. The 1280X is a dive detector.

The PI models were ok for beach use but discontinued now. They were the DetectorPro Uniprobe Pinpointer with a coil plugged in. 

detectorpro-metal-detector.jpg
DetectorPro metal detector

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Colonial Metal Detectors is having a close out sale on the Pirate and PiratePro models from Detector Pro. A friend told me about it last week.  The Pirate is $120 and the Pro $160 if memory serves. Good deal for an emergency backup detector.