In Over My Head

TechGuy

Another problem is that things are not always lost where they are noticed missing.like Steve said...a careful visual search of the parking lot is a priority...before too many cars go over it.

search the clothes and house  too.

how long has this been lost?

fred

• Like 3

4 hours ago, TechGuy said:

Skate, 

Thank you, What model propointer ? ( I am assuming you are talking about Garrett’s - I googled propointer) 

The garret carrot will work great. I use the Deus model and there is also Fisher's. Best of luck to you and don't give up or mow the lawn yet.

• Like 3

This may seem strange but try using a flashlight at night placed horizontally to the ground and see if you get a glint or shine from the earring. Good luck!

• Like 2

On 9/7/2019 at 2:59 PM, fredmason said:

Another problem is that things are not always lost where they are noticed missing.like Steve said...a careful visual search of the parking lot is a priority...before too many cars go over it.

search the clothes and house  too.

how long has this been lost?

fred

It has been lost since August 30th

On 9/7/2019 at 2:53 PM, GB_Amateur said:

Can you take a picture of the remaining one (with something in the field to show scale) and post it here?

From this description, the first thing I thought of was that you are discriminating out the signal from the earring.  The horseshoe button on the lower left of the control module front panel toggles between discriminate and non-discriminate (wide open or "all-metal" in Minelab jargon).  Where that discriminate level is set depends upon the mode you are searching in.  I would use Park 2 mode.  There is a large incomplete circle of small dark rectangles on the display that surrounds most of the display characters.  If you are in discriminate the lowest (most counterclockwise) 10 or so will not show.  When you toggle the horseshoe button those either come into view or disappear.  Make sure they are in view.

I'm not questioning what Steve has said.  Even if what I describe actually leads to you getting a signal with the surviving earring, there will be many targets in your search field which will likely give this same signal.  So I agree it's going to be a tough task.

I have attached pics of the earring. I can’t seem to tell when the horseshoe button is activated or not as nothing changes I am wondering if I somehow messed up the settings so that it now discriminates nothing regardless if the horseshoe is pressed or not...   I am in Park2 mode. 

To be honest I’m wondering if this is operating properly its showed a yellow gold ring as a 15-17 and a silver ring as a 36-38. That doesn’t seem line up with what the manual says and all tests of it anything in the 20-26 range has been screws and bolts. Also everything is showing 4 shovels to 5 shovels deep and in several instances the signal showed something and nothing was there... 

Do you know if there are any factory seals that are supposed to be on the Equinox 800 box when you buy it new ? Mine had none and the handle has small scuffs on it, I am starting to wonder if this was a repackaged return. 

BCE5C53B-C61C-40B6-9DAC-75877E0E0923.jpeg

FC08DF99-1FFB-4D0F-B6B9-493F21567D81.jpeg

That’s a tuff target there. Do a factory reset and start over to find the best settings to recover. Many question if a new detector is working, especially if new to the game, I’m sure it is.

minelab-equinox-reset-profile-factory-reset.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks, that is a long time for a gravel parking lot.

your detector if shipped would be double boxed...if you bought it local and brand new there should not be scratches at all.

Go back to the dealer if local..

.if you got it on the net?.??

read the on line manual, do the factory reset. Do the noise cancel. Select park 1 .

push the horse shoe button...this will detect very small stuff."..

or fiind a detecting club and ask for help

good luck 

• Like 2