Good picking I'd say!  It helps to ignore a lot of stuff.

Mitchel

That's pretty cool, I'm sure it won't be the last!

phrunt,

Just received the 6 inch coil for my new Eq. 800 and am anxious to try it out.  Here in Eastern Oregon the temperatures are finally dropping below 100 and we can get out more often.  Your little nugget proves the Equinox will work and I hope for us too!

Gary 

• Like 2

Hi Nugglorious ,

My smallest 4 nuggets found with Nox at about 2 inches and all VDI'd #2 . Interested to know what your 0.01 nugget VDI'd at . Hope you find plenty more .

Cheers

goldrat

Thanks for the replies 

Mitchel, it does that indeed!!

Goldrat, This guy came in at a #2 also just like most the birdshot and small lead I was digging.  Found it in someone's dig pile.

Phrunt, hope your right

Gary, I'm using the 6" it works for sure you should like it

I've got lots of time in on a GMT and I still love that macine but the 800 has got my enthusiasm up

Thanks all

Have to correct the record here.  That nuggie came in at a .1 not .01

As my daughter puts it........ I was confuzzled 🤪

Nugglorius,

Got two with my 800 yesterday using the 6 inch coil-so thanks.  The Equinox does not handle the hot rocks at all and maybe because I don't know what to do yet.  And it isn't as user friendly as the Gold Bug 2.  Very sensitive to gold at depth though.

Gary

Gold Found with Nox Sept 9 2019.jpg

• Like 2

Well done on finding the small gold nugget,although nuggets are nearly non existent here in the UK,but my 6'' coil is basically staying on the Equinox all the time.I rarely use the stock coil at all,only 2 coils that i basically use are the 6'' and the 15'' but only then on pasture sites.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By oneguy
      Pretty much done for this year.  We've had snow twice already and it's hitting the teens at night.  Last season I got 106 bits for just under an ounce and this year I only detected 40 bits for just over an ounce so an improvement over my 1st season!  18 bits from Montana and 22 bits from Idaho.  FULL DISCLOSURE:  1 gram of the tiniest bits came from crack scratching/panning in the creek.  I had fun and met some locals from Helena area (BIG help) and that helped me stumble onto the two bigger pieces (25g/4.5g) that saved my season. As long as I can improve weight at the end of season over the last I've reached the main goal.
      good luck guys......

• By Hardtimehermit
      This summer i had a chance to camp and hunt for a day, and i had some luck when i turned up this little slab just hanging out in a small depression in the bedrock.  .6gram

• By Smithsgold
      Bedrock Gold. Jeff and Gary ( Two Toes ) take you on an Adventure to find Bedrock Crevices filled with  Placer Gold in the California Motherlode. Watch as Gary pulls out Gold Nuggets from the Bedrock and Jeff trys a little Sniping for Gold.

• By jrbeatty
      Currently camped on the job in central Vic where comms are difficult, but here's a progress report.
      Been at it for a couple of weeks (I think ) but there are some results to report. I've been working solo a lot of the time but also with Reg when he's not too busy.
      We started off testing the new Detech 32" coplanar concentric which Stinky Pete kindly loaned us for a few days. What a coil!
      Although we didn't manage to put it over any deep gold, it's easily the deepest seeking coil we have ever used, yet sensitive to small targets as well. I'm ordering an 18" to 20" model as soon as they become available. Howard is busy planning mods to the QED so it can run them as well.
      I'm pretty excited about these coils. My friend Tony has been winding and using them for years with great prospecting success. Needless to say, he isn't interested in owning a "Z"
      Hang onto your GPX's folks, they're about to penetrate previously unreached depths!
      Some of the properties we've been prospecting are familiar and some are new. Always a buzz to finally get onto new ground after meeting with the "Cocky" and negotiating a deal. In some cases the ground has been detected before by others, but with careful gridding we always manage more. On one property we worked yesterday a previously detected patch yielded an additional ounce and a half in chunky colours (young blokes we were told) Perhaps they were ignoring screamers, but we're not complaining
      First up, my solo tally so far. largest piece (front) over half an oz. All found with QED PL2:

- and our shared tally to be eventually split 50/50 . Again, largest piece (front) over half an oz detected by Reg:

All gold located in patches on eroded Tertiary leads. Some pieces still have traces of the cement matrix they eroded out from.
      A general view of one of the Tertiary patches with Reg's young foxy "Boo"  photobombing. Reg in the distance:

Posted elsewhere on this forum, my two largest pieces, found under 500kv powerlines:

A 400mm dig for a 5 grammer. I love that 18" Elite, it even centered shallow flyshite that doesn't register on my scales:

That's all for now. To be continued - - -
    • By 1864hatter
      Had an outing with a good friend to a Local creek yesterday. We dug a huge hole and moved some big boulders and found the 1.3g right at the start of the process. Diligent detecting elsewhere in the creek produced the other two. The 1.7g was right at the start of a crevice that seems to run under a virgin bank... Might dig that out some time but there are some fridge size boulders in the way. Cheers for the fun day out buddy.

• By brogansown
      As I'm struggling through the Equinox 800 learning curve, I'm beginning to realize it's potential for deeper gold.  Both the two inch quartz specimen and the one gram piece were down about eight inches.  The one gram nugget was pretty loud, but so was the specimen with only about a tenth or less of a gram.  Unlike the Gold Bug 2's perfect signal, the noise and the numbers coming out of the 800 are really hard to interpret.  I guess it is going to be practice, practice, practice.
      Rattlesnakes are still out in Oregon and I'm sure most other places as well-so be aware.
      Gary