Nugglorious

First Nox Nuggie

Good picking I'd say!  It helps to ignore a lot of stuff.

Mitchel

That's pretty cool, I'm sure it won't be the last!

phrunt,

Just received the 6 inch coil for my new Eq. 800 and am anxious to try it out.  Here in Eastern Oregon the temperatures are finally dropping below 100 and we can get out more often.  Your little nugget proves the Equinox will work and I hope for us too!

Gary 

• Like 2

Hi Nugglorious ,

My smallest 4 nuggets found with Nox at about 2 inches and all VDI'd #2 . Interested to know what your 0.01 nugget VDI'd at . Hope you find plenty more .

Cheers

goldrat

Thanks for the replies 

Mitchel, it does that indeed!!

Goldrat, This guy came in at a #2 also just like most the birdshot and small lead I was digging.  Found it in someone's dig pile.

Phrunt, hope your right

Gary, I'm using the 6" it works for sure you should like it

I've got lots of time in on a GMT and I still love that macine but the 800 has got my enthusiasm up

Thanks all

Have to correct the record here.  That nuggie came in at a .1 not .01

As my daughter puts it........ I was confuzzled 🤪

Nugglorius,

Got two with my 800 yesterday using the 6 inch coil-so thanks.  The Equinox does not handle the hot rocks at all and maybe because I don't know what to do yet.  And it isn't as user friendly as the Gold Bug 2.  Very sensitive to gold at depth though.

Gary

Gold Found with Nox Sept 9 2019.jpg

• Like 2

Well done on finding the small gold nugget,although nuggets are nearly non existent here in the UK,but my 6'' coil is basically staying on the Equinox all the time.I rarely use the stock coil at all,only 2 coils that i basically use are the 6'' and the 15'' but only then on pasture sites.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By rollin crumblin
      Hi all, I have been reading this excellent forum for a couple of years and recently  joined. I live in southern Victoria, Australia and have been detecting on and off for about 20 years and have had a little success but nothing to write home about, but I do enjoy the hobby. I currently own a GPZ7000. I think it is quite heavy but it is amazing the small pieces it can find.   This photo is what I have found so far in 2020.   I do quite a lot of trips away where I come home empty handed.   The piece in the middle is 4.92 grams and the total weight here is 6.01 grams. All these pieces were found around Talbot in central Victoria.    All the best.
      Rolls 

• By 1515Art
      Made for another long 10hr day in the Arizona desert out my front door at 0430hrs  and searching dirt at 0700. After about an hour picked up a little 1.7g meteorite high up on one of the ridges and after a another couple hours finally scored a little .2g piece of goodness in a tailings pile on my way back to the Jeep, I raked down the remainder of the pile but nothing else except tiny bits of rusted tin. Drank a cup of coffee and munched a little trail mix while driving a couple miles to a new spot and after a few hours walking up a small wash I spooked a large jack rabbit he darted out a couple feet and then stopped looking at me about 10 feet away so I started talking to him asking where I might have some better luck. He seemed to understand we were at peace together and relaxed standing up and stretching as he listened to my query flopping his long ears side to side he sat back down and peered up the wash in the direction I was heading as if to say just a little farther up. I poured a small pool of water from my bottle on the ground in case he might be thirsty in thanks and continued on my way, my rabbit friend calmly watched as I took his advise Walking slowly swinging zed. After about 10 min in the middle of the wash next to a small bush I picked up a mellow hi lo tone and scored a slightly bigger .7g piece. It was now nearly 1700hrs and worn out from my long day I decided to call it and headed home for a long night of leg cramps from over doing it, but with a little bit of yellow to show for my efforts well worth the pain.

• By normmcq
      I just got back home yesterday from wintering in Arizona and am now seemingly a prisoner in my own home due to the virus. I was able to go out detecting many times with only a few skunk days. The last day out, I found this specimen that is quite different from anything I had found before.
                                                                                                                                Norm

• By Rob Allison
      Hey Guys,
         I had to social distance myself, so I decided on a trip back to the old placers.  Like always, digging tons of iron rubbish, this time I must of dug a dozen iron pick tips.  I'm sure they were using the tips to pry open crack and it would just snap off the tips.  I was working with my Minelab GPZ 7000 all day, moving rocks and racking sections of bedrock off.  I ended up with 6.2 Grams of the good stuff in 5 gold nuggets total.  
      I didn't get a picture of all the nuggets or a final shot, but here are a few I took during the earlier hours.  A few pieces wedged in the bedrock cracks.  
      Wishing and praying for health and wellness for you all during these crazy Coronavirus times. 
      Rob

• By nvchris
      Unnamed location.

• By idahogold
      Just posted on Yourube- Not posting here because there is F-bombs🥵 at the end of the video...put the above title in search to find! BEAUTY" Happy 2020 Enjoy! Ig
      Steve H added....