KMc

Rusty Rock With Fusion Like Crust Meteorite?

I found this rusty looking rock in WI recently. It is heavy and is magnetic. It looks like it may have some small flecks of metal in it. I wanted to make a small window in it with a dremel or other drill to see. Wondering if this could be an iron stone meterorite or if it is some kind of geode? I'd welcome any advice. Thanks much! K

20190908_201450.jpg

20190908_201548.jpg

Not like any meteorite or fusion crust I've ever seen.  GaryC/Oregon Coast

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for you helpful comments! Mystery solved! 

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By OFS
      I am getting a GPX5000 and have a new problem to solve, what is the best way to transport it when flying?
      Thanks in advance for your advice!

Cheers
    • By Bobbo
      Hello all,
      My soon-to-be-fiancée and I are heading to Arizona in a few weeks. She's a Science teacher and loves ALL things space. I want to take her meteorite hunting but have NO clue where to start. For the folks whose ever been to Holbrook, I have a few questions:
      1. Are there metal detector rental places nearby? We're flying in from Florida so I'd like to purchase/rent when we get there.
      2. If we drive into Holbrook, are there maps telling you where to go hunt? I'll continue to look for GPS coordinates before I go. I've read folks talking about railroad tracks...
      3. Are metal detectors the best way to find something? Can you "drag a magnet" or use the naked eye?
      Thanks for any replies. ANY help will be much appreciated.
      -Bobbo

• By ukaradag
      Hi all,
      I need some help. I want to buy a detector. But my budget is limited(say i can buy a garret 400i or a fisher gold bug 2). 
      For me the depth is important after that iron discriminatin comes. I wil use it for gold prospecting(!check the picure, with gold what i mean). The depth is around 3 or 4 feet. Can you give me some advises for getting a detector? What kind of detector can detect this kind of treasure?
      Thank you very much.

• By devilsrenegade
      I wanted to share some pics of my completed goldmaster 4b detector shaft swap. It was fairly easy and l was happy with the results. I think someone could do the same thing with the gmt if they wanted .

• By RobNC
      I hit a site today that I had hunted many years ago and asked if it was still ok. I found this button. The color is golden in most areas. on the back of the button there is writing.
      It says "M.C. LILLEY & Co. O. COLUMBUS" best I can tell. I'm afraid to clean it too much for fear of damaging it. Found with my Teknetics T2SE and Cors Shrew in a very iron contaminated site. Also found old square nails too. While I will not tell specifically where I found this, the place was a Farm since 1854.

• By notfairchild
      Can you guys suggest me a country that let people pan for gold without any / or special permission ? 
      My goal is to make over $100 Everyday 
      Thank you in advance