New Video On Effect Of Voltage On Various Coils

Jim in Idaho

Finally got to work on testing the 7 1/2DF,  8x6 Sadie, MJ 8x12, and 12"DF. Did a comparison on the 7 1/2DF and Sadie with both battery packs, and a comparison of the MJ 8x12 FM, and the Whites 12"DF at 16v.

EDIT: I notice I cut off the early portion of the Miner John comparison. Hope you get enough of the sensitivity of that coil. It works very well on my SL.

Jim

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Hey Jim

I thank you for all the trouble you went to.

In my opinion the small dual field with the higher voltage done great but Sadie didn’t do bad .

It just comes down to if you want to hunt with the best coil you got for small gold the first time are using one that’s not so good.

Jim thanks again for your work and making the video. As said Seeing is Believing .

The Best!

Chuck 

PS I think Reg offered White’s some mods on the TDI but they didn’t want to talk with him. Correct me if you know different.

• Like 1

Yes...I wouldn't feel handicapped with either one of those small coils. They're really close. I thought the Sadie was bit better at the lower voltage, and the DF at the higher voltage.

My understanding of Reg's relationship with Whites is about the same as yours, but Whites did finally initiate the second mod, on the TDI SL, in, I think, 2016. I know it was done on the Special Edition, for sure. They never did the sweep speed mod, however. I don't think they ever did any of Reg's mods on the original TDI's.

Jim

• Like 1

I remember him saying at one point they stop talking to him. He wasn’t asking for a hand out on what he had to offer.

I myself think it had to do with White’s Electronics boys didn’t want to look like this guy off the streets knew more than they did. The funny part of it all he did know more.

Chuck 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

I remember him saying at one point they stop talking to him. He wasn’t asking for a hand out on what he had to offer.

I myself think it had to do with White’s Electronics boys didn’t want to look like this guy off the streets knew more than they did. The funny part of it all he did know more.

Chuck 

I believe you're correct Chuck, silly human pride is one our weakest links.  It prevents growth.  

• Like 2