Quick Run At Local Puddle

kac

Man, that is a small bracelet.   But its GOLD!!!!

any day with gold in the pouch is a GOOD day.

HH
Mike

• Like 1

Went back today to that small area with my PI to see what I missed with the vlf and dug up a slew of bobby pins. Something I think I only found 1 at the salt beaches. I missed some small gold chain bits and some small ear rings as they keep falling through my stupid scoop. Really tricky to get them on the end of the scoop and bring them to the surface.

Found an odd looking pointy thing with a screw back along with a cruddy old kids ring that was pretty deep 12"+ and a few sinkers including that tiny one next to the stud. I have a couple computer hard drive magnets in my scoop I use to snag broken lobster traps so I'm not going crazy looking for what beeps and they worked fairly well on the bobby pins. Definitely need to modify or find a better scoop for this tiny stuff.

My run was cut short as my batteries croaked out.

IMG_0801.jpg

• Like 2

Wanted to add a note: The black sinkers are lead that have come in contact with hydrogen sulphide. Had to look that up because usually sinkers oxidize and turn white. I believe in this particular pond the houses around it are using high phosphate fertilizers causing algae blooms which then deplete the oxygen.... yadda yadda.

Anyways off to another crusade and see if i can get the town to crack down on the type of fertilizer these people are using.

That pond used to be crystal clear good dozen years ago and you could see the bottom 15+ ft down. Now it's murky.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, kac said:

I believe in this particular pond the houses around it are using high phosphate fertilizers causing algae blooms which then deplete the oxygen....

Don't forget to point out all the dogs that have died this summer from swimming in algae.  Get the dog lovers riled up and you'll see some action.

• Like 2