5" x 10" DD Coil For Makro Racer

Goldbrick at http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/599-makro-racer-bluetooth-headphones-and-transmitter-module/?p=11589 asked "Steve, do you have the elliptical 5x10 coil? If so what is your opinion?"

post-1-0-53802800-1423792158.jpg

The 5" x 10" is a nice coil and looks good on the Racer. It will not catch brush and has a tad better separation than the 7" x 11" coil but the trade of course is a bit less ground coverage and depth. I am used to the more solid feel of the Fisher equivalent. This one is a bit lighter and more hollow sound and feel to it. Not a coil for everyone but the kind of coil I like a lot. I am glad it will be the stock coil on the Gold Racer.

At $139 hard to quibble about the price. Nice to see a detector with affordable coil options.

post-1-0-18857400-1435329803_thumb.jpg

Dare I say It, But that's about the Nicest Finished Coil I have seen In A long While and the mounting point is set a little further back than normal, That's real Handy when poking them under scrub and such. Do they come with Covers or is that extra??

John.

I am liking that coil. Think I will order one tomorrow. Thanks for posting.

I put in a request to Nokta to come out with a 5" x 10" coil for the Fors, and got a response on Tom D's forum that they would make and test a few and see how they come out. So mebbe we'll have some 5 x 10's pretty soon. I really like that size and the fact that they're solid. I read that the connectors on the Racers are not compatible with the Fors. Interesting that the Fors have the same connector as the Fishers, but Fisher coils won't work on them.

The Nokta and Makro detectors sense the proper coils and give a message on screen if the coil is not right. In theory a 14 kHz Racer coil might work on a 15 kHz FORS but the reality if you try it (I have) an error message appears.

I would not be surprised if a 5 x 10 for FORS is made if enough people request it.

• Like 1