Vanquish - Now We Know!

Transmitted frequencies have never mattered, only frequencies received and the manner in which they are processed. Something you will never know unless you hack the firmware. Pay attention to field performance, not marketing hooks. Debating multiple frequencies is like trying to decide how fast cars go based on numbers of cylinders. Waste of time as there are too many other factors involved... just go test drive them.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

On 10/1/2019 at 3:54 PM, Roy Zaino said:

equinox-multi-iq_multiple-coils.jpg

vanquish-multi-iq_multiple-coils.jpg

Simplified-Curves-EN-1200px (1).jpg

On this website: https://ilovedetection.com/quest-ce-que-la-technologie-multi-iq/ they say Multi-IQ technology sends a spectrum of 3 different frequencies (low frequency, medium and high frequency) that ranges from 5 KHz to 40 kHz.

I wonder which 3 frequencies the have chosen.

1 hour ago, Wester said:

On this website: https://ilovedetection.com/quest-ce-que-la-technologie-multi-iq/ they say Multi-IQ technology sends a spectrum of 3 different frequencies (low frequency, medium and high frequency) that ranges from 5 KHz to 40 kHz.

I wonder which 3 frequencies the have chosen.

Actually, it is probably only two frequencies combined in a manner they see fit to give a wide multifrequency spectrum based spectrum analysis of Equinox units.  The two frequencies vary slightly depending on the channel chosen by the noise cancel circuit.  The diagram above is very confusing as it shows the discrete single frequency selections of the Equinox 800 as they fall in the multiffrequency spectrum, but that has nothing to do with the two transmit frequencies chosen to be combined to create the multifrequency spectrum.  Bottom line, don't worry about it.  Minelab is not bothering to shed any light on what frequencies they are using and it is frankly immaterial in the multifrequency context just as Steve said in the post just prior to yours.  Just enjoy your Vanquish for what it is.  A very affordable multi frequency detector.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2019 at 8:44 AM, Chase Goldman said:

hoping for Equinox cross compatibility

G'day Chase, is this really the case? are Vanquish and Equinox coils interchangeable? If it is it could be a cheap option to obtain a smaller coil for my Foxy Noxy.. I could get the Vanquish Pro Pack with two coils ( 8" and 12" DD Smart Coils) for nearly the same price as the smallest Equinox coil (and add another detector to the arsenal)..   

Am hoping this could work as both detectors are Multi-IQ (unless not all Multi-IQ is created equal).. I've read elsewhere (see link below) that the Vanquish 340 operates on 7, 18 and 75 kHz (i'm assuming these frequencies are the same for the other models).. Maybe these frequencies would cause havoc with Foxy Noxy which operates on 5, 10 and 15 kHz..  

I'll admit to being a bit of a frequency freak but i'm with some of the others on this forum who'd also like to know what frequency or frequencies their machines are operating on.. In my mind this also applies to Multi-IQ, what's the great secret with the Vanquish? Does keeping the operating frequencies a closely guarded enigma create extra mystique for potential customers? I'd say just get out with it and tell the good folks what frequencies the thing operates on.. let the punters decide from there.. 

http://thesilverfiend.com/upcoming-minelab-vanquish-metal-detector/ 

43 minutes ago, phrunt said:

When nobody can do it, the Russians do and they do it well.

Crikey, that's quite a recommendation! Considering your aversion to Chinese knockoffs, are you being sarcastic? If not, that's an awesome range of coil sizes.. Do they work as good as the real deal? or is it like anything else, you get what you pay for? For a cheapskate like me these coils could be a dream come true..   

Not worth it to go to these Russian hacked coils IMO.  I just keep going back to the Equinox stock coil for 99% of my hunting (I have all three Equinox coils and do all kinds of hunting from beach to relic to coin shooting in different situations).  Just going ahead and getting a Vanquish is probably a better bet if you like the Vanquish coil sizes (I've considered it) and then you also have a decent backup beach detector to your Equinox 

• Like 1

We already know the coil prices  for  Minelab Vanquish..

The small V8 coil is approximately  -104 euros..
The midle V10 coil is approximately -127 euros..
A large V12 coil for about -139 euros ..

On 1/16/2020 at 3:00 PM, EL NINO77 said:

We already know the coil prices  for  Minelab Vanquish..

The small V8 coil is approximately  -104 euros..
The midle V10 coil is approximately -127 euros..
A large V12 coil for about -139 euros ..

Thx for the info El Nino . Actually I have ordered a vanquish 540 plus a V10coil because this medium sized coil is  NOT available for the Nox. On the Nox you have a very small 6 coil and a 11 big coil , and nothing between them , I do not speak about the bigger 15 one which is unusable for what i am doing , coin shooting in often iron trashed soils .  It is strange that ML does not propose an equivalentof the  V10 coil for the NOX , considering that  this intermediate size is a standard for all the other detector manufacturers , look at XP for example ... 

After making some errors yesterday about what I believed were the Vanquish operating freqs, I have some proper facts today:

Those Russians over on the MD-Arena website have been poking about on a Vanquish, and have posted a frequency spectrum of it's output, and a 'scope image of its waveform.
And the surprise result is .... it's running like the Equinox Beach mode. The waveform is an exact match for the Beach mode scope capture's that Chiv made on Geotech1, and the frequency spectrum matches, too.
So that is 7.8 kHz / 13 kHz / 18.2 kHz / 39 kHz
Ratios are 3 : 5 : 7 : 15

How it then goes on to process these four is of course unknown .... it could be a straight 'copy' of the Eqx beach mode code, that would be the quickest simplest way of doing it - make use of the R&D that's already been carried out. If they only need to process two freqs for a given mode, they can, no need to change the transmitted output.

I suppose this opens up the possibility of hacking Vanquish coils onto the Eqx ... though don't hold yer breath.

I'll try and add some pics and further info later.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2