How Does The Vanquish Stack Up? A Look At The Specs

I should add that when I talk about water hunting it is all fresh water.  I am many hours away from any ocean. The simplex will be a decent choice for freshwater hunting for all the non coastal folks.  The vanquish for salt beaches well away from the water, the equinox 600 for salt beaches at or in the surf line (assuming everything works as well as we hope). Its a pretty decent lineup of choices really.

All that said I'm still glad I bought the equinox 800 which does everything pretty well. 

• Like 1

The Vanquish is simply an update to the X-terra lineup.  They've added Multi-Freq since they planted that flag and are going to defend it.  They also added some water resistance and wireless.  So they are not the Nox 400, 300, 200 as maybe some had hoped.  Likewise the Simplex is not the Anfibio Lite.  I do find the screen Iconography of the Simplex interesting, kind of Nox-ish.😊

The Nox 600 is still the mid-priced Bully that other manufacturers are going to have to take on at some point.

• Like 2

Seems like these companies are having a race to the bottom. They are taking new developments and scrunching them down to grab at the new potential consumers. Not that bad an idea for xmas season but how about working on some substantial new tech? Wonder if these new machines will drive the prices down on some the other machines.

Seeing the Simplex and Vanquish makes Tesoro's look more and more like a tick in time in the past.

Hi,

I have owned several of the Vflex X-Terra series detectors and their younger detector user successor, the Go-Find series. If the Vanquish has anything close to the target separation, unmasking and overall speed of the Equinox (and we know it has some form of Multi IQ simultaneous frequency operation) it will be a BIG step up from the X-Terra and Go-Finds, regardless of what model Vanquish one looks at in my opinion.

The target separation, unmasking and recovery speed on the Vflex detectors and the ACE/AT Series is woeful compared to the Equinox.

A similar situation exists with the TreasureMaster and Treasure Pro along with the Fisher F11, F22 and F44 and the Greek series Alpha, Delta and Gamma (not the Omega, which has other issues) compared to the Equinox when it comes to overall speed, separation and unmasking.

I look forward to hearing about and seeing actual results once the Simplex and Vanquish are released. 

Jeff

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

An update to this post after several months with the Vanquish 440 and even the 340. The Go-Find series is a joke compared to these comparably priced Vanquish detectors. No matter what you read here that speculated the Go-Find models can compete with ANY of the Vanquish models, forget about it.......... just the stupid display on the Go-Find dooms it to failure compared to the outstandingly accurate target ID of the Vanquish series much less the simultaneous multi frequency Multi-IQ compared to the outdated, slow V-Flex, the coil choices, I could go on and on..........

Jeff

• Like 2

And updating from my perspective, I like the 540 Pro Pack vs. 440 that I originally recommended because the two coils included really give the Vanquish some added versatility.  The Go Find is really just irrelevant at this point now.  I liked the foldability and portability as Simon mentioned but I still found the mechanism a bit too flimsy and subject to jamming if you happened to get sand in in there.

• Like 3