Keeping Nel Big Coil Calibration On Stock Coil Boost?

kac

I swapped out my Nel Big coil on my AT Pro and put the stock coil on and just for kicks I did a quick air test to see if there was any difference and I found that the targets now hit 15-20% further away ie dime at 10 inch instead of 8.

For those that don't have Garrett machines and a 3rd party coil, the procedure when changing coil Garrett says to do a factory reset of the machine.

So if anyone knows, does using a large coil setting on a stock coil essentially do a tx boost?

Do other machines require factory reset after changing coils?

Did a quick test in my yard with the settings but find it a little on the jittery side and need to drop the sensivity a notch or 2. It does gain a quite a bit of depth but not sure if it's worth the noise. Almost reminds me of the AT Max.

When I get a chance I'll test it in the local puddle and see if it falses out or has trouble before I do the factory reset.

On 9/15/2019 at 11:16 AM, kac said:

I swapped out my Nel Big coil on my AT Pro and put the stock coil on and just for kicks I did a quick air test to see if there was any difference and I found that the targets now hit 15-20% further away ie dime at 10 inch instead of 8.

I'm confused.  The 10 inch deep dime was with what configuration?  Same question for the 8 inch deep dime.

I ended up going to factory reset as the machine was really unstable but it did hit a dime at 10 air test using Nel Big coil calibration on a stock coil. How the machine behaved in the real world it was actually not very usable. Perhaps in clean ground it might be ok but not around here.

I do think the AT Pro is toned down by the factory and probably for stability and made to be forgiving.

Did you gain more depth on your Ace?

Maybe the big is enough of a difference to throw the machine off, did have some descent depth but not worth the instability. Using my 5 clicks down from GB and I'm happy. Targets are consistent.