57buick

My Drought Is Hopefully Over

57buick,

Congrats on the nice finds.

As I learn my 800 I have surprised many people when I show them some of the items that I have found in the areas that have been dug through for the past 25 years.

Wish you luck and have nice digs.

• Like 1

Just now, 2Valen said:

57buick,

Congrats on the nice finds.

As I learn my 800 I have surprised many people when I show them some of the items that I have found in the areas that have been dug through for the past 25 years.

Wish you luck and have nice digs.

Thanks, and I see your a fellow HAM too lol WU6Z

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 57buick said:

Thanks, and I see your a fellow HAM too lol WU6Z

I am KD9LAS.

I am betting nobody ever dug the four coins in one hole as on most detectors that would be a crazy all over the place target ID, I've found similar situations and the Nox can sometimes identify coins right next to other coins and give you multiple ID's but lock onto each ID rather than a random mess of numbers.

That's a fantastic result, you are going to have a ball at that location.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, phrunt said:

I am betting nobody ever dug the four coins in one hole

phrunt,

I have found 6 or 7 in the same hole, and it was all over the place.

I was working around a basketball court at a city park where the grass along side the courts was where I found them.

I have yet to find any gold rings, but I am keeping my fingers crossed.

19 minutes ago, 2Valen said:

phrunt,

I have found 6 or 7 in the same hole, and it was all over the place.

I was working around a basketball court at a city park where the grass along side the courts was where I found them.

I have yet to find any gold rings, but I am keeping my fingers crossed.

I dug 3 coins in one hole today using the 15x12", all low value worthless coins but I knew there was at least two of the same coin in the hole, the pinpoint was giving me 2 clear targets right next to each other and I was able to recognize the two targets on the Target ID's too.  There was 3 in total so the 3rd must have been very close to one of the other ones so they blended together.  With my other detectors there is no way I'd be able to do this.

• Like 1

went back to same spot today and found another ring and a gold rose pin, still have to test and see if its silver or white gold but think its silver

ring9-16-19.JPG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 57buick said:

went back to same spot today and found another ring

Great finds keep it up and any that you don't want send them my way.:)

If you happen to see someone following you out there in Oregon it might be me. I am just a Tech, and am studying for the general right now.

My brother used to live out there close to you and I know it is beautiful country. Have you tried your 800 on gold out there as I have panned in a few creeks and had found some. I want to get good enough to be able to use this 800 for that in some of those creeks to better my chances.

3 minutes ago, 2Valen said:

Great finds keep it up and any that you don't want send them my way.:)

If you happen to see someone following you out there in Oregon it might be me. I am just a Tech, and am studying for the general right now.

My brother used to live out there close to you and I know it is beautiful country. Have you tried your 800 on gold out there as I have panned in a few creeks and had found some. I want to get good enough to be able to use this 800 for that in some of those creeks to better my chances.

Ive read it works good on gold but with my work schedule I never find the time to get out to the mountains and try it. Hope to soon though. 

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By 2Valen
      Today I finally had a chance to get out of the house for some much needed detecting. I decided to go to an old church just down the road that has been around since 1859.
      Seems that nobody has been there before as I found almost $3.78 in new coins. I had dug almost a pound of trash before finding anything before 1975.
      I then tried closer to the foundation where there was a ton of roofing nails and then I had a solid 34 tone that was down deep. I'm not talking 6 inches but it was almost 11 inches down when I found it.
      There at the bottom of the hole was a beautiful silver quarter, not just any quarter but a 1926 and it looks just fine to me even with the wear on it.
      After going a little further down the wall and another hundred nails, I found a very nice Indian Head penny in great condition. This IH is in better shape than the 1889 that I had found in my back yard several months ago and is the older brother of it as it is a 1877.
      For the 2 and a half hours I was out there I think that I had done enough for the day as I was getting to cold because of the wind.
      I hope you enjoy the picture of my new coins for my collection.
    • By dogodog
      I just got back from a short 2 hour hunt on a 1830's property and found the usual clad, pull tabs, brass and a wheel weight. BUT I found an odd dime sized  silver coin. It looks like its dated 1885  all inscriptions are unreadable except the date. It has a roman numeral three with a wreath around it and a woman with some kind of armor head plate. This is a coin I've never found before, Any clue???

• By Cal_Cobra
      Saying I had an epic weekend would be an understatement! I loaded the latest Equinox firmware update to try the new FE2/0 iron program, and it did not disappoint!

I've posted about trip reports from this site several times over the years. It's always been a fun site IMO, you just never know what you'll dig, and it dates back to the early 1800's with history into the 20th century. It saw it's share of the Spanish, Mexicans, Emigrants, and Americans. It's getting difficult, lots of flat iron still left, but good finds have been thinning out, easy finds have been gone for years. TomCA won't even hunt there any more.

This trip turned out to be absolutely EPIC! Unbelievable really, because there have been trips where neither Tom nor I have dug a single coin at this site, so to dig five period coins in one trip was astounding.

Now if these were just five common 1800's coins, I would've left there an extremely happy camper, but two out of the five turned out to be astounding finds!

An 1865-S Seated Liberty Dime AND a 1856-S INDIAN PRINCESS $1 GOLD PIECE!!! I am absolutely over the moon from this hunt!

I got all the coins on video, if you have a chance, take a look:

Without further ado:

Right after she was dug and I just ran some bottled water over her in the field:

Thanks for looking!!

GL&HH,
      Cal <<<<<<<< THE ORIGINAL CAL
    • By Gerry in Idaho
      Back from my MX Trip and wanting to get caught up with some readings and now posts.
      Approx 20 yrs ago I was detecting an old mining camp for coins/relics & found my 1st gold coin ever (only took 25 yrs of detecting). 1852 quarter eagle = $2.50 piece.
      Fast forward to last weekend, my customer Steve M is less than a mile from where my coin was found & he does this. What's even more thrilling, is he found it with a GPX-5000 while looking for gold nuggets.   And...his is much better condition too.  1st two pics are his and the others of the worn out one, of course is mine.  It is the exact same date and size of coin I found 20 yrs ago.  I guess it is sometimes ok to find the wrong kind of gold.  Anyone else have such unexpected digs when prospecting?

• By kac
      Finally got out to the beach, lot of wash but wanted to give my seahunter a run and try out the m2 headphones instead of the stock waterproof ones. M2's make a world of difference in the audio on that machine, can hear the target much better especially tiny targets with the discrim kicked up. Dug much less iron as I can tell better what I am hearing. Anyways not much there as the storms ripped the dunes down and the banks are 9-12' up where they used to be only a few feet. Besides the wash I got all excited and thought I found another trime but instead it was a 1951 netherlands 10 cent. Amazing how it held up next to the other coins I found in the area.

• By calabash digger
      Found this today...