My Drought Is Hopefully Over

57buick

57buick,

Congrats on the nice finds.

As I learn my 800 I have surprised many people when I show them some of the items that I have found in the areas that have been dug through for the past 25 years.

Wish you luck and have nice digs.

• Like 1

Just now, 2Valen said:

57buick,

Congrats on the nice finds.

As I learn my 800 I have surprised many people when I show them some of the items that I have found in the areas that have been dug through for the past 25 years.

Wish you luck and have nice digs.

Thanks, and I see your a fellow HAM too lol WU6Z

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 57buick said:

Thanks, and I see your a fellow HAM too lol WU6Z

I am KD9LAS.

2 minutes ago, phrunt said:

I am betting nobody ever dug the four coins in one hole

phrunt,

I have found 6 or 7 in the same hole, and it was all over the place.

I was working around a basketball court at a city park where the grass along side the courts was where I found them.

I have yet to find any gold rings, but I am keeping my fingers crossed.

1 hour ago, 57buick said:

went back to same spot today and found another ring

Great finds keep it up and any that you don't want send them my way.:)

If you happen to see someone following you out there in Oregon it might be me. I am just a Tech, and am studying for the general right now.

My brother used to live out there close to you and I know it is beautiful country. Have you tried your 800 on gold out there as I have panned in a few creeks and had found some. I want to get good enough to be able to use this 800 for that in some of those creeks to better my chances.

3 minutes ago, 2Valen said:

Great finds keep it up and any that you don't want send them my way.:)

If you happen to see someone following you out there in Oregon it might be me. I am just a Tech, and am studying for the general right now.

My brother used to live out there close to you and I know it is beautiful country. Have you tried your 800 on gold out there as I have panned in a few creeks and had found some. I want to get good enough to be able to use this 800 for that in some of those creeks to better my chances.

Ive read it works good on gold but with my work schedule I never find the time to get out to the mountains and try it. Hope to soon though. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, phrunt said:

I am betting nobody ever dug the four coins in one hole as on most detectors that would be a crazy all over the place target ID, I've found similar situations and the Nox can sometimes identify coins right next to other coins and give you multiple ID's but lock onto each ID rather than a random mess of numbers.

That's a fantastic result, you are going to have a ball at that location.

The one issue ive had with the NOX is in my opinion is everything sounds and looks close to the same. Ive been digging pull tabs, beer tops and coins all day and they are all pretty darn close in numbers. But maybe im remembering the deus differently. I havnt used the deus since getting the NOX. But I am using Field 1 for better sensitivity with the small 6 inch coil. even though its a trashy park.

• Like 1

Great job ignoring the "it's all hunted out" crowd!  I'd be happy with any single one of those four coins and you found a nearly century old coin spill.  Never seen one of those myself.

18 hours ago, 57buick said:

And some might disagree but as long as I'm digging super old 1960's pull tabs that is still promising to me this area isn't over hunted yet.

No argument from me.  Anytime I find a ring and beavertail pulltab (circa 1965-75) I know there is potentially gold jewelry in that same region, and even some old coins.  Same with with Zincolns.  It's easy enough to just recover the trash so why miss the treasure?

• Like 1