New Firmware 2.0

PUHH

I use 50 tones, 6" coil, Field 1 settings and I have been pounding this one particular old park. My numbers have never gone above I'd say around 28 or so but mostly 8 to 23 and ive been digging up rings, pendants, silver coins, clad, and bottle tops and pull tabs. Thats one thing I've never liked about the NOX is i always feel like I cant hear or see a lot of difference between different targets.

Thats why Ive just resorted to digging everything. Ive been amazed at how many rings and things Ive dug up that I didnt realise was such a good signal. Im thinking ground mineralization might be having a big affect on how the detector works

57Buick

In my day of detecting before discrimination I had to dig everything and I know I found more rings. You had to work harder digging in some ground that a pick would have bounce back in your face . You went by the slogan of low and slow but the only thing you may have miss is because it was beyond the detector depth range.

I know I’d find more today if I wasn’t relying on discrimination to pick it out for me. 

I tell you out there that’s still young and strong lower that discrimination and get back to the old ways of detecting. I promise you the reward will be great.

When you get older that discrimination may look good as it does to me but don’t rush it.

Chuck 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 57buick said:

. Thats one thing I've never liked about the NOX is i always feel like I cant hear or see a lot of difference between different targets.

Doesn’t really matter which machine you are using, if you want to get gold jewelry you’re gonna dig a lot of trash.  I’ve got 3 gold rings with the EQX so far and I feel they have had a more solid ID than similar trash targets.  They IDed as 9, 15 and 19 and were a very consistent number ID.  Can’t say they were tonally different but with 50 tone they definitely didn’t waver as much as similar pieces of foil, canslaw or corroded zincs.  Someday someone will release the “magic” detector that can separate the aluminum from the gold...........but I wouldn’t recommend holding our breath for it!!!

1E763D40-906C-4333-A0AE-03EA99A570B2.jpeg

• Like 3

Most water machines ive found give that SOLID ROUND and consistent digit read out on gold rings.   You can just tell.... if not before after it was dug.... you say to yourself awww hawww that was a really good good tone on that gold ring.    With the Nox having its wrap around in the lower digits i really wonder how it would read on a FE/CON screen?   Especially on bottle caps.   I think the engineering team needs to get IN THE WATER about chest deep just to hear what the Nox sounds like for themselves.   Then hand um an Xcal in PP mode and say ..... this is what we want to hear out there.   From what ive heard about this update it seems more for the dirt hunters.  IF this change makes ANY adjustments to the falsing in the lower digits where most of my gold falls ...... ill down load it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GKman said:

One site said it had been delayed. Perhaps for a couple of weeks... But, who knows...

Ha, I say that and an hour or so later it comes out... What should I wish for next..

• Haha 1