Theft

jasong

Thanks everyone, prospectors and dealers alike. I got everything taken care of, if anyone hears anything at all, just let me or the sheriff know and that's the biggest help anyone could give. Any bit of information or eyewitness report helps.

Regarding how to secure a Conex the best way, unfortunately just a $100 angle grinder can defeat basically any locks on the planet so I'm not sure there really is a good way to secure a Conex if a thief really wants in. Even if there was, they can just cut right through the walls fairly quickly. I guess the only solution is a solid 2ft thick concrete bunker buried in the ground, with a 2ft thick steel blast door.

• Like 4

If they didn't take your books, they must not be prospectors.

It sounds like now you're making good use of your gold investigation and applying it to criminal investigation.  More power to you! I really hope you find them.  Sorry to hear you had to go through this.  Glad they didn't get your GPZ stuff, at least.                    

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Jasong,

I’ll keep an eye on the Prescott Craigslist page. Not sure town is nearest to your storage site but I would keep an eye on Craigslist as that’s a top place for thieves to fence stolen items.

Sorry to hear about the lost of your gear.

Morgan

Yavapai County, AZ