All They Left Was My Dry-blower Crankshaft

geof_junk

I wonder what they do when its time to renew the crankshaft as most of these engines are put in place and then the hull is built around it.Perhaps they have a long service hatch that they use and lower it inside ??

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RickUK said:

I wonder what they do when its time to renew the crankshaft as most of these engines are put in place and then the hull is built around it.Perhaps they have a long service hatch that they use and lower it inside ??

At 22 rpm it probably never wears out.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, klunker said:

OK you guys. I guess it's up to me to get this topic onto the subject at hand and keep us out of trouble. So- - - - I wonder how deep that cold be found with a GPZ 7000?

About a foot shallower than a 5. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We had 3 x 2MW 2 stroke Diesel Generators for emergency backup power in case of System Black so we could get the power back on in the power station. Guess what happen during a black out. One time the starting air supply failed, and portable diesel air compressor had to found. Another time the DC backup lighting failed and I had to start the first one with a touch. We had looked at a 25 MW diesel generator but ended getting a 50 MW Gas Turbine instead when our supply demand increased . By the way this was way back in 1973 - 79. Things sure have got bigger these days.