My California Adventure

Horst

Sounds like you had a great time, thank you for sharing and congrats on the gold!

• Like 1

Thanks for the report!  Sounds like you really enjoyed your California visit.  Two specimens and 1.2 g from gravity methods is a nice haul for a few days in the field.  I agree with Phrunt -- 1.2 g panning is a lot. It looks chunky enough that I'm thinking some of those pieces might set off the Equinox, and likely (as you've concluded) you were in the right place to find some larger pieces with the two detectors you had in your possession.  Wish you could have stayed longer.

Oh, and if you still want more square nails, come visit me.  I have a couple old sites I'd like you to clean up.  😁

• Like 1

maybe for old square nails there is a market in Europe???? I wish I could have stayed a little longer (1/2 a year or so). Next trip will take me to Quartzide,AZ in March 2020 visiting the Gold show in Phoenix and detecting. If anyone has good advice I'm more than happy to hear.

Glad you were able to do some real prospecting in California and go home with an 1800's antique collection of square nails.  You even found a little color and 2 specimens.

Sometimes the best tools are the ones not high on the list with miniscule thought (the water bladder), but at least you listened and took advice.

Hopefully the trip is enjoyable and be safe.

• Like 1