Pigs And Grubs

Busho

Same story different continent...There are plenty of piggish slobs to go around. Empty beer cans, empty water bottles and unfilled holes in the desert, in the mountains and on the beach. If their Mommies did not train them properly ,they will always leave the mess for someone else...

fred

• Like 5

4 hours ago, fredmason said:

Same story different continent...There are plenty of piggish slobs to go around. Empty beer cans, empty water bottles and unfilled holes in the desert, in the mountains and on the beach.

The trash in National Forest campsites is particularly noticeable and annoying.  Glass, cans, paper,....  You can see it without digging and if you dare turn on your detector to hope to find a few coins you really get an ear full.  But these sites are frequented by lots more than just detectorists/prospectors.  What get's my goat the worst are the target practice idiots shooting up anything in site and leaving their shells laying on top of the ground.  At a GPAA claim in the NF outside of Idaho Springs, CO, I was finding plastic pigeons (disks).

For the most part the GPAA claims I've been on are pretty well taken care of, with a few exceptions, of course.  Northern Nevada deserts have some unfilled holes, usually large&deep as if either the excavator was PO'ed he didn't find anything or too tired to fill it back in.  Not making excuses for them.  I fill theirs in as much as I can without spending too much of my time doing their cleanup.

One surprising postive experience I had in one of the mountain towns outside of Denver.  I was detecting a city park finding old coins a few ring-and-beavertail pulltabs, and old rusty crown caps.  I found almost no square tabs nor fresh c-caps.  I suppose it could be park employees going around cleaning up but I suspect that in this particular area people are more respectful of shared land.  Not enough of that in this world, that's for sure.

• Like 4

This is the mess left behind here in WA by a well known Eastern states tour company.

9FS3v0Z.jpg

Y0ksmIC.jpg

Crap "reality" shows like Aussie Gold Hunters sure don't help and in fact have caused our station and others no end of problems.

That show is so far removed from reality. It seems to attract people who usually don't have two cents to rub together, who think they can get rich quick by picking up nuggets just laying around everywhere. No clue, no grasp of reality, no research, no preparation, no brains and no care taken.

• Like 7
  • Sad 5
  • Oh my! 1

Madtuna, I know who this person is. So do you. Obviously we cannot name him, and I received a threatening phone call from this grub when I called him out over comments he made on Facebook. He is still involved in his 'tours' to WA, so you best be on the lookout for him next season.

He is not only an environmental vandal, but a racist and has left one person that I know of with huge debts over his financial fiascoes. Not at all good for the prospecting scene.

• Like 7

Totally agree Reg, and yep we keep an eye out on him each season.

That Lanacoorie (sp?) gold bash thing coming up should not accept his sponsorship

• Like 4

Phrunt, you are the victim of false news. The above photo was taken weeks before the climate change march and has been fraudulently posted in many areas in an effort to disparage the people involved in the march. Looks like you have been taken in too Beatty. Thought you would have been smarter than that.  

1 hour ago, Reg Wilson said:

Phrunt, you are the victim of false news. The above photo was taken weeks before the climate change march and has been fraudulently posted in many areas in an effort to disparage the people involved in the march. Looks like you have been taken in too Beatty. Thought you would have been smarter than that.  

Nah Reg, Ticking the post, not the rubbish bit. BTW, Worst rubbish I ever saw was at a Rolling Stones concert back in the 70's next morning while looking for my wallet. Naturally, never found it - but found some illegal substances - -  -

• Like 2

On 9/20/2019 at 11:27 PM, madtuna said:

This is the mess left behind here in WA by a well known Eastern states tour company.

9FS3v0Z.jpg

Y0ksmIC.jpg

Crap "reality" shows like Aussie Gold Hunters sure don't help and in fact have caused our station and others no end of problems.

That show is so far removed from reality. It seems to attract people who usually don't have two cents to rub together, who think they can get rich quick by picking up nuggets just laying around everywhere. No clue, no grasp of reality, no research, no preparation, no brains and no care taken.

Hard to find words for that! I don't know what's happened to people now days. 

• Sad 1